Carnival Legend drydock?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of our roll call members for July emailed John Heald and this was the list she shared.

New Alchemy Bar

Guy’s Burgers

Blue Iguana Cantina

RedFrog Bar and BlueIguana Bar on Lido

I was really looking forward to Guy's and the Cantina especially. I didn't see the email so not sure if there are any more details but it's a good start.

Does anyone know where the Dry Dock will occur? I know it will probably be US or Canada west coast. I have heard rumors of Vancouver, Seattle, an Portland.

Is Vigor's new drydock in Seattle up and running? Otherwise, it would be Vigor Portland or Victoria in Vancouver.

I just emailed our cruise planner and he said "Just says drydock it does not list anything that usually means updating rugs paint ect."

:(

Pretty sure that is standard until much closer to dry dock date. They don't announce all the details this early, if at all. I would bet there will be more done then just general upkeep, that kind of stuff they can do without a dry dock and just block off sections

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

On April 2 a Carnival press release said the dry dock is in Portland Or. I had been asking the where question too after hearing rumors it would be Portland. I personally am excited to hear this as it is only 20 mins from my house. I will be checking to see if there is anywhere that the public can see the dry dock. I also want to find out when it is expected to arrive at the dry dock and depart. I would love to take some photos of the ship navigating the Columbia and Willamette rivers.

I have verified that I will be able to see the drydock. Public roads are just a couple of block away from the drydock. There is also a nearby bluff that looks down on it. I am planning on driving over to it after work on May 2 and try to get some photos. I don't know how good they will be but I will try. I will primarily post them on a social media site I am not allowed to mention here. I will see if I can figure out how to post them here too. I hope I can find out when it will be arriving and departing drydock. There is a waterfront park just upstream from the drydock that would be great to get some sailing photos, maybe even a video.

I have verified that I will be able to see the drydock. Public roads are just a couple of block away from the drydock. There is also a nearby bluff that looks down on it. I am planning on driving over to it after work on May 2 and try to get some photos. I don't know how good they will be but I will try. I will primarily post them on a social media site I am not allowed to mention here. I will see if I can figure out how to post them here too. I hope I can find out when it will be arriving and departing drydock. There is a waterfront park just upstream from the drydock that would be great to get some sailing photos, maybe even a video.

Do you know the name of the dry dock? I wanna look it up on Google Maps to get an idea of how to get there. My best shot at travel is May 5th and 6th.