MSC Southampton sailings.

davenew

Hi there, we are newbies to MSC and are taking an October sailing on Magnifica out of Southampton.

What is the dress code for non formal nights please. Are they the same as RCCI, Princess and P&O?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Dave

MSC is very laid back, even on formal nights dress code is just 'suggested' and not enforced. On casual nights we tend to wear smart jeans with nice t-shirts or open shirts.

There are the themed nights of white party, 60s/70s/80s (flower glory) and mediterannea but not may people bother other than for white night

Hi there, we are newbies to MSC and are taking an October sailing on Magnifica out of Southampton.

What is the dress code for non formal nights please. Are they the same as RCCI, Princess and P&O?

Many thanks

MSC Dress codes after 1800 are Suggested.

Elegant:

Ladies, dressy outfit, formal gown or cocktail dress. Gentlemen, Tuxedo, dinner jacket or dark suit and tie.

Informal:

Ladies, dress or trousers and blouse. Gentlemen, Jacket and Trousers, no jeans.

Casual:

Ladies, dress, trousers, suit or sporty outfit. Gentlemen, t-shirt, trousers or jeans.

Theme Party:

Indications of how to dress will be provided in the Daily Programme on the day of the event.

The Theme parties held on board in the past could possibly be:

Jeans Night, White Night, Carnival Night, 60s -70s-80s Night and Horror Night.

(I have noticed whilst on board MSC Ships, especially those without The Yacht Club, not many guests wear Tux.) however this may change with the ex UK sailings.

Edited by Pennbank
added possible Theme Nights in the past sailings

I wore the same sort of thing as on other lines, I like to dress up a bit so wore a dress or smart trousers and top on non formal nights and cocktail dress for Elegant nights. DH wore trousers and short sleeved shirt for non formal and tux for Elegant.

Despite reading otherwise, there were quite a few dressed up on Elegant night and I even saw a few long dresses. There are a lot of Germans on these sailings too and I would say in general they were not as dressy as the British.

I don't think you will feel out of place whatever you do.

Julie

I agree. Wear what you will be comfortable in ... whatever you chose there will be others dressed like you, whether that’s a DJ or a zipped cardigan

Passengers are assigned dining tables by language, so you are likely to be seated with Brits, North Americans etc.

We have just returned from 14 night Magnifica cruise, we had 4 Elegant nights (Formal) 1 Informal, the rest being casual. I would say that more Brits stuck to the dress code than the rest of the Europeans, the code was not enforced in the restaurants. Pretty much the same as most of the cruise lines.

Many thanks

Here is an actual copy of suggested dress codes. the only hard and fats rules are the No No's at the bottom of the image

dress%20code.jpg