Jewel 2-bedroom family suite with 13- and 15-year-old boys?

iujen94

We are considering an Alaska cruise on Jewel next July and are looking at a 2-bedroom family suite. I'm having a hard time finding great pictures of the second bedroom. Would the beds in there work for a 13-year-old and 15-year-old boy? Or are they intended more for smaller kids? Any other thoughts/comments on the Jewel 2-bedroom family suites - good or bad?

Thanks!

Edited by iujen94

We were just on the Gem in a 2 bedroom suite, which is the same class of ship as the Jewel. The second bedroom is small, when the couch is made into a bed it takes up the whole room. If you’re kids are ok with one sleeping on the pull out couch and one on the bunk bed, they should be fine. Our boys are 13&10 and adore the 2 bedroom.0574ee86769c4630d11ea272fa9b91c4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were just on the Gem in a 2 bedroom suite, which is the same class of ship as the Jewel. The second bedroom is small, when the couch is made into a bed it takes up the whole room. If you’re kids are ok with one sleeping on the pull out couch and one on the bunk bed, they should be fine. Our boys are 13&10 and adore the 2 bedroom.0574ee86769c4630d11ea272fa9b91c4.jpg

Thank you for that picture! That’s so much more helpful than anything else I’d been able to find.

Did you ever have trouble with noise from the fitness center upstairs? That seems to be the biggest complaint I’ve read about these cabins (on a jewel, anyway).

Thank you for that picture! That’s so much more helpful than anything else I’d been able to find.

Did you ever have trouble with noise from the fitness center upstairs? That seems to be the biggest complaint I’ve read about these cabins (on a jewel, anyway).

No problem :) What isn’t shown is the small closet area opposite the bathroom, I’ll see if I have photos of that too.

I purposely pick our cabin to be under the library or card room, I wasn’t taking any chances with being under the fitness centre! It’s usually one of the most mid-ship SC cabins on the side opposite of the fitness centre. I try and use landmarks like the stairs and elevators to help guide our decision.

Good luck!

I heard the equipment when I was in a 2 bed on the Jewel. Going again in 2 1/2 weeks and staying in the haven this time. The deck 11 2 bed was noisy but I’m also a super light sleeper :(

21a02d8706cb991589de0a7e31274ee3.jpg

TV beside the couch. It isn’t big but it works, and shows how much space is left once the bed is made up.

eb8bd9ad7de7ce915830875b7e0625a4.jpg

This isn’t the best photo, the bed is at my back and I’m looking out of the second bedroom to the entrance. On the left are shelves and a small closet, to the right is the door to the bathroom. The bathroom is like a standard balcony cabin bathroom with a shower, toilet and sink.

I think that cabin lay out is the same for the two bedroom cabin on the Dawn. Our son was in there on a cruise we took when he was 22 years old and he was very happy with it. He's about 6'2" and sometimes complains about small beds but I heard no complaints about the fold out sofa bed. It was Dh, Ds, and I on that cruise and we all loved the cabin. :)

Have you checked youtube for cabin tours? I found a couple of good videos of comparable cabins we were considering, it helped us decide what to book.

I heard the equipment when I was in a 2 bed on the Jewel. Going again in 2 1/2 weeks and staying in the haven this time. The deck 11 2 bed was noisy but I’m also a super light sleeper :(

Do you happen to remember your cabin number? Thanks!!

We have had the 2 bedroom 3 times in the last 3 years with 4 adults(1 7 day and 2 ten day cruises). The bed is good. The only problem is that the person on the inside has to crawl over the outside person to get out of the bed. The bathroom and closet space are fine. It is really nice to walk out into the living area and spread out a bit. Book on the starboard side for quiet.

We took our 3 children on the Pearl. 2 “boys” (18 & 23) shared the small bedroom and our daughter (21) slept on the couch in living room. She shared our closets and bathroom. It worked. It was our first Haven experience and was fabulous!

We did a 2 bedroom family suite on the Jade. My 15 year old daughter and her 15 year old friend stayed in the second room and were fine. If it does become a problem one can use the sofa bed in the living room.

AF1QipOxhiBZpf58CqTVqMbfxllzpKgyNZHptHGd1WqSc9fGWIyDrDQgM0NFMlTh5YpGpA?key=cGt5dW15STIzRVRiOF9qc2k3Wk9ieUlZcUxMc19Bhttps://photos.google.com/u/1/share/AF1QipOxhiBZpf58CqTVqMbfxllzpKgyNZHptHGd1WqSc9fGWIyDrDQgM0NFMlTh5YpGpA?key=cGt5dW15STIzRVRiOF9qc2k3Wk9ieUlZcUxMc19B

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on the Jewel. My 23 year old son loved it. I have pictures, however I can't remember how to upload them... I'll work on it. It sucks to get old...

Edited by DebQ5