Pride of America Question

Hannysan

Hey! My husband and I have reserved our room aboard the Pride of America for December 2019. :ship: However, his biggest concern is getting seasick. :o How are the seas in Hawaii compared to the Caribbean? We went to the Western Caribbean last October for our honeymoon, and the seas were pretty rough because we went through a tropical depression for 2 days. We were on the Allure of the Seas with Royal Caribbean which is the second largest boat. We did not get sick on the cruise because we had Bonine but the boat was so big. With this boat being smaller, we were wondering what are the changes of him getting sick? He gets seasick when deep sea fishing and on one of the snorkeling excursions we did in Cozumel. If the seas are rough in Hawaii, we may need to reconsider. Thoughts?:confused::confused:

Even the smaller cruise ships are big enough that they travel fairy smoothly, even in reasonable sized waves.

In fact, the most movement I have ever felt has been on the larger ships (Breakaway and Escap), when the wind catches them. Their size appears to be a negative in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 - 50 and not because it is the 50th State.

The POA is half the time in port and the other half at sea at night going from one port to another.

Your travel in the winter months the seas can be rough around the north end of all the Hawaiian islands.

Surfs Up - but the POA is not a surf board so nothing to fear here.

The tendering operation at Kona could be a little problem (POA Big Island port calls temporarily closed

due to volcanic activity).

The POA is not like a toy boat in a bath tub - take the pill - apply the patch - if necessary - but don't miss

your cruise.

If there are storms the POA has plenty of leeway cruise time to avoid them and the crew likes a smooth

ride just as much as you would.

ALOHA !

You are on water, you can always expect movement. My crystal ball isn't working for what conditions you will encounter. Of course there is a "rough" possibility.

Consult a health care provider, a message board is NOT the place to take medical, sea sickness, remedy advice.

Sailed POA Dec 2017 and it was a lot of motion...I had thought it might be less since we were in port so much but by the end I think I said please stop the rocking. I use Bonine and Seabands, which help. We had one day they cancelled Hilo due to wind and waves, which was reportedly rare, so it may have been time of year/ weather issue,