Getaway Review June 24-July 1 Four Ships in One

Nymich

Haven Embarkation - NCL put you in a tiny room and then took us upstairs to a holding area similar to an airline gate area. The small room is tiny and the new terminal will take care of that lame first impression.

Disembarkation - Very unfair to NCL to complain because this cruise was the one where the crew member went over and could not be found at sea when we went back to look for him. We were late getting back to Miami and it was everyone leaving at once and not staggered so NCL did the best they could.

Food - NCL won big here. The Haven restaurant is not good..... it is excellent. The people who work there are great and the ladies who seat you and Gabriel a server are exceptional. Ask for him if you go in the Haven for a great server.

The Ship - Getaway is very unique and seems to have something for everyone. Let me tell you about Deck 16 and seeing four ships from one deck. Ship 1....The Haven which was mostly peaceful except for a few times some parents decided to let their kids scream at the Haven pool. I dont ever blame the kids because they do what the parents allow them to do. As you walk down deck 16 you look down to deck 15 at Ship 2 and see what looks like Spring Break or Animal House with hundreds of people packed in and around the small pool. Walk a bit further and you see Ship 3 where all the kids are playing in the water park and then a bit further is Ship 4 where H20 spice is and people can lay out in the sun and cool off with the waterfall area. To me this was amazing that all styles of getting some sunshine cruising were happening at once and could be seen with a walk down Deck 16 front to back.

The atrium seating area size wise is inadequate and the chairs in the comedy place will give you a nice back ache. Elevators are enclosed and stop pretty much at every floor. Million Dollar Quartet and Burn the Floor were good shows but we did not care for scheduling the show times ahead of time.

Conclusion - Not sure i could do any other class but Haven. Not just because Haven is so great but because the rest of the ship is just not our style. Outside the Haven It is a party ship for the most part. Tropicana is very unique with the dinner and dancing. Ropes course is cool. That is all that we saw outside the Haven that we thought was worth mentioning. If you are a couple looking for a quiet cruise and you dont want to pay Haven price I couldnt recomend the Getaway. I give the overall cruise a 3 which is average but if it were just the Haven it would be a 4 meaning very good.

Thank you, Nymich for your comments. We are sixty somethings going on our first NCL cruise next month. I recently decided to upgrade into a Haven courtyard room then immediately started having "buyer's remorse" paying almost double what the cruise originally cost. DH doesn't like crowds, and is excited about the Haven. Reading what you wrote, I think we did the right thing for us.

IMO you did the right thing. The best part about leaving the Haven was knowing that we would be

returning there. It gives you a chance to taste what the ship has to offer but return to what you paid

for in the first place!

Feel free to ask any questions you might have. We checked things out pretty

good and we were quietly comparing it to HAL, Celebrity, Princess and MSC and

NCL Haven was very strong. Not perfect but very strong. None of these lines

IMO do everything strong so we don't expect that. We had a great time and as usual found the things we loved

and brushed off or avoided or downplayed the things we did not. Our goal is to relax and enjoy

at all times because when it is over it is back to work!

We are also in The Haven in September due to a recent (purchased) upgrade. Prior to that, we were booked into a mini-suite with large balcony on deck 8. Did you spend much time on The Waterfront? From what I have seen and read, it appears that this is one of the only places outside of The Haven and Vibe that is quiet and more adult-oriented. Even though we are now on deck 16, I was wondering if it would be worth the elevator ride to spend some time on The Waterfront as well.

We are also in The Haven in September due to a recent (purchased) upgrade. Prior to that, we were booked into a mini-suite with large balcony on deck 8. Did you spend much time on The Waterfront? From what I have seen and read, it appears that this is one of the only places outside of The Haven and Vibe that is quiet and more adult-oriented. Even though we are now on deck 16, I was wondering if it would be worth the elevator ride to spend some time on The Waterfront as well.

We did walk the Waterfront twice. You are right it is very quiet and a great place to take a walk.

I walked in Vibe because they were working on the door. If I didn't have the Haven I might do it but IMO it would have been useless to us.

This is exactly why I am torn about our decision to upgrade. Looking at pictures of the Waterfront I’m guessing we’ll spend most of our time ensconced in one of the covered areas where we can see the sea, as opposed to around the pool or on a sun deck. But we like the idea of having the lounge and restaurant right there (we are also on 16) and the perks associated with the Haven. I guess time will tell if we made the right choice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We usually cruise when school is in session, that makes for a quieter cruise as well. Also, if you book longer than 7 days the demographic is definitely more adults than children.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Didn't the concierge take care of your show needs? That was my experience

Oh yes we are aware to use the concierge but that isn't our point. Would rather go when we want

at a spur of the moment. This is no big deal we just didn't care for the scheduling aspect.