Hair/skin products on the Valor? Sodas?

Mrkmbb

Can anyone comment on what toiletries are provided on the Valor, and whether or not they are reasonably decent? I imagine they give you soap and shampoo...

is there conditioner?

Lotion?

Hair dryer?

Also - I know we can bring on a 12-pack of sodas. Does the carton have to be sealed, or can we mix and match cans then tape it up?

Just trying to minimize what I haul with me.

Thanks!

Body wash and shampoo in shower. No conditioner. Need to bring your own conditioner and lotion. Hair dryer is usually in desk. You can bring any combo of sodas in cans. Bring some kind of a bag to carry them in, sometimes they open the 12 packs to inspect, then the box is ruined.

Combination shampoo and conditioner. Works for me' date=' DW will bring her own.

Will give you soap and the cabin will have hair dryer[/quote']

Most guys will agree with this, good enough for men and maybe a few women. However, my DW used once on our first cruise she was like:mad: *never again* like the Grinch sings "mangled up, in tangled up knots". This has been brought up several times on our cruises when my DW and other DWs talk. I cannot remember one lady that said she uses the shampoo and conditioner combo, they all said they bring their own. FYI, my DW is not the miss prissy/high and all mighty type either.

Also - I know we can bring on a 12-pack of sodas. Does the carton have to be sealed, or can we mix and match cans then tape it up?

Just trying to minimize what I haul with me.

Thanks!

For what it's worth, the cabin hair dryer on our last two cruises has worked just fine for my wife (Conquest class ships both times). She brought her own, but never touched it. Your mileage may vary.

You can mix the soda. That's what I did a couple years ago and just taped it back up with some packing tape. I fully expected them to want to have a look inside, but they never said a word (Port Everglades). There's been a lot of reports of security personnel at many ports who will rip open the case of soda to look for alcohol. Beware of this because when they do it, apparently they don't leave the case in good enough condition to carry the sodas anymore. So bring some sort of back just in case.

We sailed out of Miami a couple weeks ago and I fully expected them to rip ours open, but they didn't. Actually, I accidentally dropped one of them out in the parking lot and some of the cans broke open. Luckily, I brought a reusable bag with me just in case they tore them open. We sent the fully intact case through first and they didn't question it at all. Then I sent the bag through with 8-9 loose cans and they stopped us to ask what were in the cans. Uhh, Dr. Pepper, we thought that was obvious. He actually asked us, "Not beer?" So they didn't question the unopened case, but questioned what was inside several loose cans. :rolleyes: