'Saving' Seats in the Illusionarium Theater

stickey_mouse

Good to know, thanks! I never thought we would be choosing tables. Funny thought, though.

I guess I misunderstood the saving tables then. If you were seated there, from whom would you need to save them?

Edited by LrgPizza

I guess I misunderstood the saving tables then. If you were seated there, from whom would you need to save them?

We would save them from other guests, of course. Now I'm confused? Your remark referenced our choosing our own tables, rather than a host doing so, which I never thought was the case.

It seems like since you're seating by hosts it's a moot point, but if it wasn't a table set up and it was strictly theater seating, would you still want eight of you to show up and save the other dozen seats, "from other guests, of course"?

If you have a group of 20, how about meeting at a bar beforehand, enjoy a drink and then your entire group can go into the venue together. This way no one is inconvenienced and your large group is not blocking the entrance to the venue while the stragglers eventually show up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We would save them from other guests, of course. Now I'm confused? Your remark referenced our choosing our own tables, rather than a host doing so, which I never thought was the case.

If you thought from the beginning a host would seat you, why would you think you would then have to save seats? The host would know how many in your party and what table(s) you were going to and wouldn't sit someone else there. When I went to the Wine show, the hostess went to seat us & people had saved chairs for other people who had not arrived and they never told the hostess how many total people there were going to be. We ended up getting much better seating though. :)

My experience with being sat. I had read up on the forums it's best to arrive 30+ min to get good seats. I was waiting in line and right before they sat us they sat all the Haven guests. They sat us at tables where the only one you could really talk to was the person directly to you. As someone said these tables are set for a show and not for conversation.

If you thought from the beginning a host would seat you, why would you think you would then have to save seats? The host would know how many in your party and what table(s) you were going to and wouldn't sit someone else there.

It seems like since you're seating by hosts it's a moot point, but if it wasn't a table set up and it was strictly theater seating, would you still want eight of you to show up and save the other dozen seats, "from other guests, of course"?

If you have a group of 20, how about meeting at a bar beforehand, enjoy a drink and then your entire group can go into the venue together. This way no one is inconvenienced and your large group is not blocking the entrance to the venue while the stragglers eventually show up.

Perhaps I should have avoided the phrase "saving seats" and instead used "seated without entire party". I know the seating isn't a free-for-all. I put "saving" in quotations in the title to imply a different meaning, but I guess it didn't come across too well. I was asking if some of our group showed up, if the host would still seat us so that we (or the host, if you prefer) would "save" the remaining seats at the table without all the party's being there. I understand it's ideal for all of us to be there at the same time, but I also don't want a few stragglers to penalize the whole group (seating-wise), not to mention clog up the entryway. Hope that makes sense.

Edited by stickey_mouse

Anyway, like I answered before - the hostess would not seat us since our entire party wasn't there. My husband had run to the restroom. We had to step aside of the line until he returned, and then they could scan all of our cards and seat us together. We were told that all members of the party must be present. So figure out a time and place to meet, and all go together.

Edited by LrgPizza