New Diamond/Fiance is not

luvjftffc

This is my first time being a diamond member on a cruise. I am leaving on the Liberty of the Seas on Saturday. I am taking my fiance with me...i was wondering if i can take him in the Dl with me or if I have to leave him im our room? Or should I go to DL and ask if may attend with me. I cannot imagine going by myself...otherwise i will skip the DL this time and wait till next year when he will be Diamond also because we will be married.

I know that one time we sailed with my In-laws and they were allowed to board early with us even though they were not of any status at the time because it was their first sailing.

I would imagine that as long as you are a diamond member , anyone (excluding children) would be allowed in the Diamond Lounge as long as they were sharing the cabin with you. I could be wrong but I don't think I am....

I believe if you call and tell them he is your fiance they will upgrade him to your status prior to being married, I had a friend in a similar situation and she called RCCL about it and they just linked her to him and upgraded her, so I would give RCCL a call about it and ask them.

When my daughter cruised with me the first time in 2007, she did not end up with diamond status just because I had it. She had to complete one Royal Caribbean cruise to be eligible for the Crown & Anchor Society. So, she was "statusless" on her first RCI cruise. She did register for C&A membership upon completion of the cruise and when she cruised this year (2008), she did have diamond status because she is still a member of my household.

My boyfriend had one RCI cruise many years ago, and joined C&A then. On our first cruise together, he also had my D+ status. They called it "relationship credits", and as long as we're together, he has the status. It really upset me when he got a D+ package in the mail, because I earned mine over many years, the old fashioned way - one credit for one cruise - not to mention all the money I spent getting there.

• 10 months later...
True...all members of the same household will have the same status as the highest member of that address.

Congrats on getting married and have a great cruise!! ;)

You mention that you will be the highest status of your household. My boyfriend and I have moved back to his parents house recently. Does that mean we will be changed to their diamond status which is what they are. If this is the case do we need to do anythng or is it automatically upgraded? How exciting!!

My 30 year old daughter has the same address as us. This past July, my husband called RCI to have her status updated to Diamond. Rep had assured him this was done. Daughter booked a cruise and was not able to use Diamond discount. I called back numerous times and they refused to change her status.

You mention that you will be the highest status of your household. My boyfriend and I have moved back to his parents house recently. Does that mean we will be changed to their diamond status which is what they are. If this is the case do we need to do anythng or is it automatically upgraded? How exciting!!

I THINK I read somewhere that the "relationship" D or D+ status is only for 2 adults per household.

If they don't let your fiance in the DL you can always bring some empty bottles with you and discretely fill them up with booze and bring them to your fiance out in the hallway......:rolleyes:

Wow the return of SJ to the RCI forum.... where the heck have you been?:D

jc

I asked a similar question a couple months ago when my sister and I booked the Liberty for next April. We will be sharing a cabin. I am Diamond and she is Gold and I wondered if I will be allowed to take her into the diamond lounge for a glass of wine before dinner. I had several responses to my question telling me that she would not be allowed. Now I don't know what is correct. Should I write to the conceirge and ask?

Just beware, this thread is from 2008. Diamond benefits have changed since then so be careful of any information early in this thread.

Thats very true, thanks for pointing this out. Any ideas where i can find out up to date information regarding this?

Thanks in advance

Archived