Conquest, Nov 25th changes

tilliebob1919

Saw the changes made to cruises in November and are very disappointed with this particular one. Was really looking forward to it, to be able to get away with my husband and other family members, have a fantastic time for a few days and not worry constantly about my husband’s serious illnesses, what he has gone thru and continues to. We chose this cruise for the itinerary as well as the ship. Never would have ever booked it, an 8 day, had I thought of the possibility of adding on another sea day if changes were made. This was not a cheap cruise, discounted or free...it was paid full price like so many others did. I know that port charges/fees etc will be adjusted accordingly and I also know that you can’t do anything about Mother Nature or her wrath but I feel that a 4th port should have been scheduled and not a sea day. Some people love sea days, I do but not 4 on an 8 day cruise...that’s a little too much.

We will still go because it’s a family planned thing. Will have a great time together as we always do but that doesn’t mean we have to be overjoyed with the changes because we are not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In case anyone else is wondering what itineraries have been changed today:

https://www.carnival.com/travel-alerts.aspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Itinerary Updates 10/05/2017 – 6:00 PM (EDT)

We have modified the following itineraries for some of our departures in November in order to provide our guests with the best possible shore experience. Additional November sailings, as well as December departures, will be posted in the next couple of days and we ask that you please check back for further updates.

Carnival Vista – November 4

Departing Miami on an 8 day cruise to Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao.

Carnival Conquest – November 5

Departing Port Everglades on a 6 day cruise to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Amber Cove.

Carnival Ecstasy – November 5

Departing Charleston on a 10 day cruise to Aruba, Bonaire, Grand Turk and Princess Cays.

Carnival Splendor – November 5

Departing Port Everglades on a 6 day cruise to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Amber Cove, D.R.

Carnival Conquest – November 11

Departing Port Everglades on an 8 day cruise to Princess Cays, La Romana, Curacao and Aruba.

Carnival Glory – November 11

Departing Miami on a 7 day cruise to Half Moon Cay, Nassau, Amber Cove and Grand Turk.

Carnival Conquest – November 25

Departing Port Everglades on an 8 day cruise to Antigua, St. Kitts and Grand Turk.

<Carnival Sensation – November 25

Departing Miami on a 5 day cruise to Princess Cays and Amber Cove.

<

We are pleased to be able to return to Grand Turk on some of our itineraries:

Pre-purchased Carnival excursions for cancelled ports, as well as any changes in taxes, fees and port expenses will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign® account. An email with detailed itinerary information will be sent to all guests scheduled to sail on these cruises.

We are still working on revisions to the itineraries of our San Juan departures and will update our guests as soon as more information is available:

Carnival Fascination – October 15

Carnival Fascination – October 22

Carnival Fascination – October 29

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming all our guests on board for a fun and memorable cruise!.

Saw the changes made to cruises in November and are very disappointed with this particular one. Was really looking forward to it, to be able to get away with my husband and other family members, have a fantastic time for a few days and not worry constantly about my husband’s serious illnesses, what he has gone thru and continues to. We chose this cruise for the itinerary as well as the ship. Never would have ever booked it, an 8 day, had I thought of the possibility of adding on another sea day if changes were made. This was not a cheap cruise, discounted or free...it was paid full price like so many others did. I know that port charges/fees etc will be adjusted accordingly and I also know that you can’t do anything about Mother Nature or her wrath but I feel that a 4th port should have been scheduled and not a sea day. Some people love sea days, I do but not 4 on an 8 day cruise...that’s a little too much.

We will still go because it’s a family planned thing. Will have a great time together as we always do but that doesn’t mean we have to be overjoyed with the changes because we are not at all.

Just curious what was your original itinerary booked before changes? We went on a 8-day southern itinerary cruise last year with only 3 port days along with 4 sea days. Actually we enjoyed all the down time and relaxation. Maybe your husband will enjoy this relaxing time away from home also. I'm sure it is a difficult task trying to reschedule all of these changes and all the ships itineraries. Hope you do have a nice and enjoyable time!

We are on this one too, and are a bit disappointed with the 1 less island. I find it hard to believe that there was no other place available, but what do I know?? We'll make the best of it and love every minute!! Maybe they'll add a stop at the last minute? Antigua is beautiful, we've been there (back in 2010). Will miss St Maarten though! I have no doubt we will have a blast in any case! 50 days!

I’m sorry this is a let down to you. I have no idea where you live but I live in Florida. This has been the worst hurricane season I’ve seen in 30 years. Hurricanes devistate the islands they hit, be it flood or wind damage or both. The people on these islands have no electricity or running water. Why would you want to see their misery unless you are willing to assist them. Hurricane season is not the time of the year to book a cruise. The cruise lines are losing money, the people on these islands have lost lives and livelihoods. Please have some compassion. You’re disappointment sounds so inappropriate at this time.

I’m sorry this is a let down to you. I have no idea where you live but I live in Florida. This has been the worst hurricane season I’ve seen in 30 years. Hurricanes devistate the islands they hit, be it flood or wind damage or both. The people on these islands have no electricity or running water. Why would you want to see their misery unless you are willing to assist them. Hurricane season is not the time of the year to book a cruise. The cruise lines are losing money, the people on these islands have lost lives and livelihoods. Please have some compassion. You’re disappointment sounds so inappropriate at this time.

Pinkie60--- Wow. Please have some compassion for EVERYONE, and especially this poster. This woman has a husband with serious illnesses, and it doesn't seem fair to criticise her for being dissapointed about her revised cruise schedule. If you live in Florida you probably have fairly easy access to Caribbean cruising. But for some people cruising represents thousands of dollars in airfares, fees, costs, and time off work. Maybe they've waited months, or even several years to be able to cruise. Maybe for some (who may or may not know it), it might be their very last cruise.

Everyone should be allowed to express their feelings. To say they feel dissapointed, or sad, or excited, or whatever they feel about an itinerary change, without being publicly criticized. I would hate to think the Cruise Critic BBS is a place where we all have to be ONLY POSITIVE about absolutely everything.

To the original poster, my heart goes out to you. I hope you will be able to make the best of the situation and have one of the best cruises you've ever had -- despite the reduction to 3 port days on an 8 day cruise. I feel your pain. I am not a fan of sea days either, I prefer as many port days as possible. Maybe you can come up with some ideas to make your sea days feel more special - maybe a massage or spa services, premium dining or chef's dinner, Pay per view movies, on-deck cabana rental, a special cocktail party with friends/family. How about a fun present for your hubby to be opened every sea day -- like a new book/audiobook he would enjoy reading, or something related to your shared hobbies or interests. Just a few thoughts.

I understand you are disappointed in the swap of port for sea day but keep in mind you are still able to look forward to getting away, having a fantastic time and not constantly worry about his illness. Perhaps it will help to keep in mind that only 1 of your 7 days has been altered - and considering port times are only 8 hours or so on average, it’s not drastic. Your vacation is still pretty much in tact. I suggest since you know in advance that you have 4 sea days that you pick up a new game or that the family can enjoy together and have some laughs.