Holland America just sent our a Very Nice New Year email

LAFFNVEGAS

We got it, also and I think it terrific.

Someone help me.......who is that handsome officer. I tried counting stripes and it is at least three, but might be four (the angle makes it hard to tell for sure). I can't even tell if he's a Deck Officer or Hotel.

Anyone know who he is.......:? ) I wouldn't mind being in his lifeboat!!! ;) ...with my DH, of course. :)

I got the email also, and that handsome officer is featured in the 2007 Grand Voyages brochure -- I think he has three gold stripes separated by two white stripes -- so that would be Hotel staff? (or is he just a model chosen to represent what HAL wants to present as their version of an officer?)

All it did for me was to remind me that I have not been on the Maasdam now for about 4-5 days :( !

I got the email also, and that handsome officer is featured in the 2007 Grand Voyages brochure -- I think he has three gold stripes separated by two white stripes -- so that would be Hotel staff? (or is he just a model chosen to represent what HAL wants to present as their version of an officer?)

All it did for me was to remind me that I have not been on the Maasdam now for about 4-5 days :( !

I agree with arzz, my guess it is probably a model but your right sail I would not mind being in the same life boat with him and Tom;)

Well as you know, Gold stripes are for Navigation Staff - Silver stripes are for Hotel Staff.

Four stripes are for the Captain - so he'd be a First Officer, or Chief Engineer?

...but I'm thinking he's a model.

;)

Well as you know, Gold stripes are for Navigation Staff - Silver stripes are for Hotel Staff.

Four stripes are for the Captain - so he'd be a First Officer, or Chief Engineer?

...but I'm thinking he's a model.

;)

:) I think the stripes are gold/white, Brian, but maybe it's hard to tell in the e-mail. I also think it is three stripes----but, again, I can't be sure because of the angle. If it is four gold/white stripes, it would have to be Hotel Manager. Don't hotel officers wear gold/white stripes? If it is three gold/white, wouldn't it be Food and Beverage Manager?

Prinsendam helped us with this a few weeks ago. He explained about the loops/colors/gold/white stripes.....even the reason for purple stripes in memory of the Engineering Officers who died on Titanic.

Prinsendam......Where are You? We need your help again. Please.

:) I think the stripes are gold/white, Brian, but maybe it's hard to tell in the e-mail. I also think it is three stripes----but, again, I can't be sure because of the angle. If it is four gold/white stripes, it would have to be Hotel Manager. Don't hotel officers wear gold/white stripes? If it is three gold/white, wouldn't it be Food and Beverage Manager?

I think you are right sail it is definitely three Gold and white stripes.

Nice touch, we just received our also. Just wondering, could it be Captain Peter Harris of the Amsterdam.

Happy New Year to All:)

The gorgeous, silver-tongued Captain Harris is on the Westerdam as of 12/11.

My very first Captain - and I think I'm in love :o

Is that Captain Harris in the photo? I'm sure I would have remembered him had we sailed with him. I don't believe we ever have. How in the world did that Happen??? :)

I don't know, Sail. He does look somewhat like him, but the guy in the photo has more of a youthful look, and Captain Harris has more of a debonair flair. I would have thought I'd know for sure, because I just met and chatted with Captain Harris a couple of weeks ago. He dropped in the Piano Bar one night while DS and I were playing song trivia with Michael. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of him.

I agree with arzz, my guess it is probably a model but your right sail I would not mind being in the same life boat with him and Tom;)

LOL ... great minds think alike. That's the same initial thought I had ... not about your Tom ... but the "model." :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I just got a very nice Happy New Year email from Holland America.

Wasn't that nice?

It was one of the first emails to greet me when I arrived at work this morning ... January 1, 2006 at about 1:00 a.m.

Made me even more anxious for my cruise to begin on the Amsterdam next week.

Blue skies and happy new year everyone!

--rita

Archived