Miracle or Magic - grandkids 10 and 5

zookeeper

Hi all,

Considering Miracle cruise with grandkids (10 and 5). Is there enough to keep them happy? The cruise we are considering is going to Grand Cayman and I really want my grandson to experience swimming with the stingrays! I've been on the Miracle a few years ago without kids and had a great time but this cruise is about them.

We are also considering the Magic but it doesn't go to G. Cayman.

Any thoughts from cruisers with kids about this age?

• 2 weeks later...

For kids I would say Magic. It has more upgrades on the ship if those things matter. Waterslides, ropes course and dive in movies. 2 years ago we went on the Magic and the kids loved it. Leaving on Miracle in a few weeks but without the kids. It all comes down to what would matter the most, the ship ammentities or Grand Cayman.

Hi all,

Considering Miracle cruise with grandkids (10 and 5). Is there enough to keep them happy? The cruise we are considering is going to Grand Cayman and I really want my grandson to experience swimming with the stingrays! I've been on the Miracle a few years ago without kids and had a great time but this cruise is about them.

We are also considering the Magic but it doesn't go to G. Cayman.

Any thoughts from cruisers with kids about this age?

You did not mention the time parameters of your possible cruise, but the Magic does indeed go to Grand Cayman, starting on the 9/30 cruise, every other week through the end of the year. I assume though that it's probably over the summer, so your 6 or 7 day options are going to be as follows. Vista or Glory out of Miami, Breeze or Freedom out of Galveston or the Dream out of New Orleans.

Thanks all. We booked the Magic for the week of May 26. My husband and I will be going on the Miracle in September for the partial transit of the Panama Canal with his parents. We both think the Magic will be better for the kids. Some other time for Grand Cayman.

Thanks for the input!

we did the Miracle when the 5 year old went on that cruise-- she did not like the camp (its located all the way forward and felt a lot of motion that first day so she would not go back.) being out of camp there was not much that interested her at that age.

We now have two more that are 5 and she is 12 today. We are booked on the Magic.

We went in the Miracle for Spring break 2 years ago with our then 4 and 7 year old out of Long Beach. It was too cold to use the pools and the one water slide was closed, and no outdoor movies. They did like the kids club and kids activities, especially the Dr. Seuss parade, breakfast and story time. Also the Mexican riviera itinerary made up for lack of kid amenities on ship. That said, when we did Vista last year the water park and activities was so great and they lived it. Would definitely recommend the bigger ship with more amenities for kids. As an adult, loved the layout of the Miracle, but go with the Magic. I really want to try that ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My 6 year old daughter says she loved the arts and crafts projects at Kids Club best. My 10 year old son says he liked the video games best (Played during free time). They both wanted to be there the second Kids Club opened and my wife and I were in big trouble if we picked them up early. It's true that the location isn't great... My daughter got seasick on a rough sea day... But she still didn't want to leave. I am pretty sure that if she had gotten sick on her first day it would have colored her outlook! Every day both our kids came home from kids club with medals, drawings, trinkets, face paint, or something fun. Most importantly, as we are going on the Miracle again in May, they are both so excited!