Travel from Miami Cruise Port to Fort Lauderdale cruise on the same day.

PSU

We will be getting off a cruise in Miami and getting on a cruise in Fort Lauderdale. What is the best way to do that? Uber?

The shuttles only take you to the airport.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many discussions here on this topic. Uber/Lyft is very commonly discussed. As are shuttles.

No not really. I am looking to go from one cruise port to another. We called the shuttles and they do not do that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

UberX, good for 2-3 passengers and standard bags, should be about $35-40 between POM and Port Everglades (either way)

You could call Larry's Limos - expect to pay about $100+ depending upon how stretch the limo is. ;)

UberX, good for 2-3 passengers and standard bags, should be about $35-40 between POM and Port Everglades (either way)

You could call Larry's Limos - expect to pay about $100+ depending upon how stretch the limo is. ;)

Thanks so much for your help.:)

We will be going in the opposite direction in December. I FB messaged King Solomon Transportation a couple weeks ago and they gave me a price of $15 pp.

Thanks so much.

We did this a couple of years ago. We were planning on using Uber, but when we disembarked there was a company filling up a small bus(es) to go to the FLL airport. I think $15 a person and they agreed to take us on to Port Everglades for the same price.

They dropped people off at the airport and then took us on to our ship. It really didn't take long and wait time was minimal. Made it easy and cheap.

We did this a couple of years ago. We were planning on using Uber, but when we disembarked there was a company filling up a small bus(es) to go to the FLL airport. I think $15 a person and they agreed to take us on to Port Everglades for the same price.

They dropped people off at the airport and then took us on to our ship. It really didn't take long and wait time was minimal. Made it easy and cheap.

Hi I just wondered if you remember what time you left the port?

Also at the airport did they pick up other passengers and if so what was the wait time there. Thanks in advance

Hi I just wondered if you remember what time you left the port?

Also at the airport did they pick up other passengers and if so what was the wait time there. Thanks in advance

Since we were doing a back to back (although in different ports) and had plenty of time I believe we got off the ship at the latest they would let us stay--probably 9:30 or 10:00.

They did not pick up passengers at the airport, only dropped them off. No waiting, but they did stop at several locations according to what airlines the people were using. It really didn't take that long--maybe 15 minutes--at the airport.

We were the only people left when they finished dropping people off and they took us right to the ship. I think it was maybe an hour total for travel and drop offs.

I can't guarantee that someone will be doing this again, but if not then I'd use Uber as a back up.

Since we were doing a back to back (although in different ports) and had plenty of time I believe we got off the ship at the latest they would let us stay--probably 9:30 or 10:00.

They did not pick up passengers at the airport, only dropped them off. No waiting, but they did stop at several locations according to what airlines the people were using. It really didn't take that long--maybe 15 minutes--at the airport.

We were the only people left when they finished dropping people off and they took us right to the ship. I think it was maybe an hour total for travel and drop offs.

I can't guarantee that someone will be doing this again, but if not then I'd use Uber as a back up.

Thank you so much for the info

• 2 weeks later...

We have 2 nights between getting off the ship in Miami and getting on another in Fort Lauderdale. Thinking of renting a car. Having trouble finding one that would take us to Port Everglades. It looks like we would have to go to the airport and then get a shuttle to the port. Has anyone ever done this?

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttles between POM and their MIA airport location.

I have never rented a car in the FLL area, but believe that Alamo and others have off airport locations close to PE and offer shuttles; if you get a better deal dropping the car off at FLL an Uber to PE will only be about $10+