What is 'in transit'

kezza

Ok not come across this before so after some understanding....Looking at booking a Portifino tour in Geneo but have just seen that it's only available to those 'in transit' in Genoa...we get off at the next port...Rome.

Ok not come across this before so after some understanding....Looking at booking a Portifino tour in Geneo but have just seen that it's only available to those 'in transit' in Genoa...we get off at the next port...Rome.

I believe it means that the tour is not available for people boarding or disembarking in Genoa. Therefore it would be available for you "in transit" to Rome.

Its to do with the license of the tour operator associated with certain ports.

I believe it means that the tour is not available for people boarding or disembarking in Genoa. Therefore it would be available for you "in transit" to Rome.

Its to do with the license of the tour operator associated with certain ports.

That's a relief, thanks so much for your reply :D

DaiC1 is correct. We are embarking and disembarking in Barcelona, and have booked the Genoa Portofino tour.

'Transit" means you are only passing through, not starting or ending your trip there. :)

DaiC1 is correct. We are embarking and disembarking in Barcelona, and have booked the Genoa Portofino tour.

'Transit" means you are only passing through, not starting or ending your trip there. :)

Per above EXACTLY what it means. :)

I rang MSC a few weeks ago to ask the exact same question as on our cruise (Seaview..end of July) the majority of excursions offered for Genoa contained the text of "for passengers in transit". MSC gave the answer that these excursions were designed for people that were not embarking or disembarking in Genoa (ie as stated above "passing through"). They also told me to be careful if the excursion involved coaches/buses to make sure we ascended the correct coach/bus on the way back as some of them would be returning to the airport and not the port.

Thanks everyone, that's answered my question. Have done many cruises and have never encountered that before..SeaSuset22 that's some great information regarding making sure you get on the correct bus going back...you tend to always take it for granted that the bus you're getting back on is the correct one..but obviously not always.