British Colonial Hilton - Pics and Menu

LamenLaur

Question for the Hilton vs Sheraton: we will be in port on 4th July this year; do you think we can just go to the Sheraton and get a day pass for 9 of us? Same question for the Hilton? Also for a group with 6 adults and 3 kids (7, 7 and 12) which would have better I'd of activities?

Thanks

Contemplating ordering the day pass for the Hilton but wanted to know if anyone knows if the pool is heated? It's only supposed to be in the 70's next week when we go and that might be too chilly to swim.

Thanks

According to the website for the hotel the pool is heated. " The Patio Bar and Grille has the best views of the Harbour during the day time. Offering lite snacks, all American favorites and a full service bar, this convenient and charming outlet is located outside near to the hotel's fresh water heated pool and lush gardens. "

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/bahamas/british-colonial-hilton-nassau-hotel-NASHIHH/dining/index.html

We are going on the Breeze in 62 days and Nassau is our last port. We decided it sounds like a perfect way to spend the last day of our Cruise! Thanks for all the info Scubagrl! I'm positive we are going to love our day there...:) (maybe almost as much as HMC Bahamas- My all time favorite beach day to date!). Now that is a little piece of Heaven! (Those Cabana's are worth every cent!). ;)

Just curious about BCH - is the deal the same if you walk up "day of" as it is if you book through Island Marketing? If so, since we're in from 7-2 and my daughter is still recovering from surgery, I may wait until we get there to decide. If its really a better deal ahead of time, an internet option on the ship might be my best bet to book ahead.

Just curious about BCH - is the deal the same if you walk up "day of" as it is if you book through Island Marketing? If so, since we're in from 7-2 and my daughter is still recovering from surgery, I may wait until we get there to decide. If its really a better deal ahead of time, an internet option on the ship might be my best bet to book ahead.

Purchasing in advance via Island marketing is a few dollars cheaper ($5 or so).

Make sure you bring along a print out of your confirmation. Island Marketing sometimes is lax is sending this info to the hotel.

Day Passes start at 9am.. bar opens at 11am/ lunch at 11:30am

Edited by scubagirrl

Purchasing in advance via Island marketing is a few dollars cheaper ($5 or so).

Make sure you bring along a print out of your confirmation. Island Marketing sometimes is lax is sending this info to the hotel.

Day Passes start at 9am.. bar opens at 11am/ lunch at 11:30am

Thank you!

• 5 months later...
so does the hilton include all the alcohol or do you have to use the $40 voucher on alcohol and food

Hilton allows up to $40 of food and / or drinks using the voucher. It is NOT all inclusive. If you want more drinks etc. You can pay for them with a credit card. They do not take cash at the Patio Bar.

Breezes, RIU and Sandals are all inclusive.. include ALL drinks.

Wait. You can see the hotel, beach and water from your ship. You will know if the water is clear or if it is raining. Your choices will be better on that day. You can walk over and look at it too at that time and decide.

Since the island market is showing the price at 60 per person is the door price now 65? or is it still 55? also do they ever sell out of day passes in December?

The same day price is always $5 more than island marketing.

As for selling out.. that's not usual, but there are some days when they have too many celebrations/weddings etc that they will restrict the number of guests allowed on the property. Same with Spring Break.

They respect the paid guests, and don't overwhelm the property with outsiders.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much to the OP...going next Saturday...it was really nice being able to take a peak at the menus before hand. I've been to both locations...The Sheraton and The Hilton...however...the Hilton was years ago and it was on a basic day pass...no food voucher offered. I really enjoyed it. I think both locations have their pluses and minuses...depends what you are looking for.

Hilton and Sheraton are both beautiful locations...Hilton is smaller, quieter...if you are looking for that. Hilton is within walking...if you want to hit the ship to change and head back out...it can be done quickly. The Sheraton has more of the resort type pool with swim up bar but you'll need to take the #10 bus or taxi to get there. Definitely more of a party, tropical, vacation vibe. AND the Sheraton has a $99 hotel room included day pass from 7am to 7pm. The Hilton's does not include a room and the pass ends at 5pm. I'm looking for a little quiet time with my love...a change from the craziness around the ship's pool. And then head back out for a little Bohemian bar hoppin :). For this trip...the Hilton is what we are looking for.

Again...thanks so much...I'll try to post pics when I get back.

Cheryl

Here is a menu from the Dolphin Grill at the Sheraton:

Signature Salads

Dolphin Salad

Mixed Lettuce, Corn, Tomatoes, Blue Cheese, Bacon, Kalamata Olives, Chopped Eggs, Choice of Premium Dressings 14

Traditional Chicken Caesar Salad

Chopped Young Romaine Hearts, Shredded Parmesan Cheese, Seasoned Croutons, Classic Caesar Salad Dressing and Tender Breast of Chicken 13

Watermelon and Feta

Chunks of Local Harvest Watermelon, Feta Cheese, Aged Balsamic Syrup, Farmer’s Market Baby Arrugula 9

Appetizers

Triple spiced wings

6“FLAMING HOT” Buffalo Wings, Blue Cheese

Dunking Sauce 11

Conch fritters

Chef’s Grandmother’s Secret Recipe 9

Fire-Roasted Island Corn

with Sweet Barbecue Thyme Butter 7

Between da’ bread

Choice of seasoned fries, side salad or cole slaw

Spicy Buffalo Sandwich

Boneless Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Lettuce, Sweet Red Onion, Tomato Topped with a Blue Cheese Spread on a Toasted Corn Kaiser Bun 15

World Famous Chef J’s Burger

8 oz Certified Black Angus Beef Burger,

Crisp Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles, Aged Cheddar, Sweet Red Onion and Special Sauce 15

Fisherman’s Choice

Crisp Battered Fish, Tartar Sauce, Shredded Lettuce, Onion, Jalapenos, Tomato Relish 16

Extra large 8oz all Beef Hotdog

“No Bean Beef chili”, Chopped Onions, Sliced Dill Pickle and Blended Shredded Cheese 14

Black Bean Veggie Burger

Black Bean Soy Burger, Lucayan Farm Sprouts, Tomatoes, Guacamole Spread 15

All items are subject to a 15% Gratuity

Consuming raw and undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shell fish and eggs may increase your chance of food borne illness

Hot off da’ press

Panini style sandwiches served with a choice of seasoned fries, side salad or cole slaw

Island style Club

Low Sodium Ham, all Natural Roasted Turkey, Smoked Bacon, Pepper Jack Cheese all Wrapped in a Flour Tortilla 15

Pastrami Panini

Deli Style Pastrami, Swiss Cheese, Special Sauce, Kosher Dill Pickle on Thick Cut Marble Rye 14

Beach-side Caprese

Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Pressed Mozzarella Cheese, Jalapenos, all Infused with Basil on “Crusty” Bread 14

House Specialty

Taste our award winning 12 Spice Ribs, Smoked with allspice wood and served with our secret “mopping’ bbq sauce

Island Limeade

5 Whenever Bahamians are at the beach or around a pool we must enjoy Bahamian “limeade”. This local treat made with fresh squeezed Andros island limes, is known by all as “SWITCHA” .So go ahead order a switcha from your server and wait as you are transformed into one of us!

Switcha Bar:

All items are subject to a 15% Gratuity

Consuming raw and undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shell fish and eggs may increase your chance of food borne illness

Great thread! A ton of information. I was at the Sheraton years ago and it was great. I am trying to decide on going back to the Sheraton or trying the Hilton. Does anyone know how late the #10 Jitney runs? We are in Nassau from 11 am to 8 pm and we don't want to get stuck :eek:. Thanks!

Great thread! A ton of information. I was at the Sheraton years ago and it was great. I am trying to decide on going back to the Sheraton or trying the Hilton. Does anyone know how late the #10 Jitney runs? We are in Nassau from 11 am to 8 pm and we don't want to get stuck :eek:. Thanks!

Jitneys stop running around 6:30pm At that point they are not very often.

After 6, I would take a cab.

Beach and pools close by 5:30/6pm anyway, so you should be able to catch a jitney back. Give yourself plenty of time. It's rush hour.. just like any other city. Add at least 20 minutes to your ride. (jitney/cab will take the same amount of time).

• 1 month later...

If you have 4 people, can you "pool" all the food/drink vouchers and just pay for what you want with what you have left? Reason I'm asking is: It's me, my DH and two DDs, both minors. No way will they eat $40 worth of food each .... I, on the other, hand, would not have a problem 'drinking' the rest of their voucher money ;) Can I do that?

Edited to add another question: With a day pass at the Hilton - can you come and go as you please? I think ths is a great location to be able to relax, go shop at the straw market, come back and eat and relax, go back out into town, etc....

Edited by FinallyCruisinIn2014