Staggered, Port Canaveral

lele100

In reference to Platinum cruisers choosing a later time to help out others who want the early slots - I was advised that I should pick the time I plan to check in. If I'm earlier, they will still let me in, but if defeats the whole of the staggered check in. It was implemented to help control crowds; therefore, if all the Platinum, Diamond FTTF, and suites choose a late time to give their "slot" to someone else, but actually show up early it defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

I don't think so because the Diamond, Platinum go into a VIP Lounge, the crowd control is more for the regular waiting area I believe.

Pick your time on the check in even though it won't matter what time you show up, if you are able to get FTTF. Arrive at port at 11:00 (when the terminal opens) and have boarding pass in hand. Follow the lines for FTTF if you have it and after you are checked in they will seat you in the FTTF section. After Wedding, Diamond, Platinum and Suite guest board then you FTTF will be called. Even though the doors to the cabins will be closed, if you have FTTF you may take your stuff to your cabin and begin to have a good vacation.

Thank you for this info :)

I just received the email for my April 2nd cruise on the Sunshine this morning. It says the port opens at 11am but boarding will not begin until approximately 12:30pm.

I guess the Sunshine leaves port later. When I was on the Magic last month she was still sitting there when we left.

I was able to go online and pick my time. It is in 30 minute increments starting at 11am for the Sunshine.

We cruise on February 25 on the magic. I just found out about this and went to set up my time but it didn't give me any options. I noticed on my boarding pass that I could report between 12:30 and 3:00. Not very well organized.[/quote

We are also on the Magic on Feb. 25th. I was able to select my check-in time yesterday. You have to go to On-Line Check In portion under "manage my cruise". On the left hand side, under the guests name, is "my check in time". This is where you will choose your time.

I did this and it still didn't give me any options. I called carnival today and the rep couldn't help. Look forward to seeing you on the ship.

Just got an e-mail to set up our check-in time yesterday. Easy to do, right in the online checkin page.

They say boarding will not start until 12:30pm...but that is just to make everyone relax about it. They have to get the previous guests all off the ship, then they have to get the FTTF rooms ready first, along with the Platinum, etc. Then people will start boarding, along with wedding parties and handicapped. Getting a checkin time before noon only means you are checked in and sitting in the Lobby of the terminal!

I did this and it still didn't give me any options. I called carnival today and the rep couldn't help. Look forward to seeing you on the ship.

I'm on the same cruise. I signed into Carnival, when the To Do List appeared, I chose edit next to online checkin. My Check In Time is right below your names. Hope that helps. 45 Days! :cool:

It'll officially begin on January 29 I believe. I have not cruise Jeezy the stagger check in time is been assuming they work the usual way. I have a cruise schedule out of there February 24 and I was able to pick my check in time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

See you on board on the 24th! Safe travels!

Just got an e-mail to set up our check-in time yesterday. Easy to do, right in the online checkin page.

They say boarding will not start until 12:30pm...but that is just to make everyone relax about it. They have to get the previous guests all off the ship, then they have to get the FTTF rooms ready first, along with the Platinum, etc. Then people will start boarding, along with wedding parties and handicapped. Getting a checkin time before noon only means you are checked in and sitting in the Lobby of the terminal!

Sitting in the terminal may not be for everyone, but we like to be early. We get a good parking place, go to priority check in and hang out until we can board. We like getting on the ship early. YMMV ;)

I just received the email for my April 2nd cruise on the Sunshine this morning. It says the port opens at 11am but boarding will not begin until approximately 12:30pm.

I guess the Sunshine leaves port later. When I was on the Magic last month she was still sitting there when we left.

I was able to go online and pick my time. It is in 30 minute increments starting at 11am for the Sunshine.

I sailed the Sunshine last month & we were onboard by 11:15 (I'm Platinum). One of the reasons I love sailing out of Pt. Canaveral. I also sailed on the Magic in August & was onboard by about the same time.

I'm wondering if the Sunshine boarding time has anything to do with whether other CCL ships are also sailing that day. Our Sunshine cruise was only a 5 day & it left on a Monday with only the Disney ship at the port. Maybe that's why boarding was so early??