Carnvial Breeze or Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas

We're looking at a cruise next summer out of Galveston and we're trying to decide between the 2 ships. We're going to do a family trip and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and their kids along too. My sister-in-law is worried about getting bored on the ship and she and her kids are very adventurous. The ports are the same.

I'll be happy on either one. We enjoy other family vacations as a group and our kids love travelling together, but they've never been willing to come on our cruises before. We really want them to have fun so they'll be willing to do it with us again.

Any opinions on which might be better. I'm leaning towards Royal Caribbean since it has the rock climbing wall, more waterslides, etc., but I'm interested in other opinions.

I've been on both: Breeze with two teenagers and Liberty just us and another couple. Have to vote for Breeze - in addition to kids' club (which my kids never did), the waterslides are good, the ropes course is fun, mini golf, organized activities, 4D theater. There is also pool table, ping pong, corn hole, foosball tables, shuffleboard table at the red frog, ring hook game at the red frog. Dive in movies were a big hit as well! And never underestimate the 24 hour ice cream cones!! Have never felt there was as much to do anytime on royal...

The RCI freedom class ships (the Liberty is one) have a flow rider (on board surfing), an ice rink, a rock wall and plenty of activities to keep the kids involved. My older daughter only cruises Carnival, my younger daughter with a 10-year-old and a 13-year-old only cruises on the larger Royal ships because the kids were bored on Carnival when they were younger.

I am an old retired fart so I cruise both lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to muck up the thread but we are similarly considering both Breeze and LOS. Been on LOS in Sept and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Have not been on Breeze but did enjoy Magic several years ago. Our distinguishing facts are:

1. In our 50's and travelling childless

2. Dining- we really enjoy the evening dining experience even if service is slower than it used to be

3. Entertainment- we may be getting old but we pretend we are not on cruises- like to hear good music, shows and even dance a bit

4. Lines are inevitable but we rarely have shore excursions other than day passes or light shopping so we do not need to be first off ship

5. Good booze and good people are important; shocked by recent video of bar fight on a cruise

So, any opinions of whether we would enjoy Breeze or LOS more?

Ok, we have been on both multiple times, and prior to the Breeze, LOS was by far our favorite. We have been on LOS 5 times, and Breeze 6 times. We are booked on Breeze for our 7th and 8th time in July and March, with Magic in between for Thanksgiving. We have a 15 yo daughter and she prefers Magic and Breeze to anything else at this time. The Dream class ships are her favorite and we love them too. Maybe when she's in college, we will cruise the RCI Freedom class agian, but for now we love the Breeze and Magic.

We sailed Dream when she was new in 2009, but wasn't nearly as impressed as with Magic and Breeze.

I am not sure you'd go wrong with either, so select based on ports and price would be my advice.

Happy Cruising! :cool::cool:

I would say Breeze but it depends on the kids ages. Teenagers -- probably Liberty of the Seas since they do have the rock climbing wall, the surf rider, and things like that. The Breeze has great slides and waterworks - sports courts, thrill theater, and things like that. Can't go wrong with either. We love the Breeze but, again, depends on the kids ages. Wife and I are headed on the LOS soon and we just got off of the Breeze a couple weeks ago. The Liberty of the Seas was actually a couple hundred dollars cheaper so we are going to go that route.

We were just having the same "debate". My boys are 9 & 11 so we decided on the Breeze. We have never sailed Carnival and are very excited. We've sailed on Freedom of the Seas (sister ship to Liberty) and enjoyed it but we personally felt like the Breeze is a better fit for our boys at this age. I would love to sail Liberty when they're a little bit older/taller for the flowrider.

Two great ships from both lines. The Freedom class ships are awesome and flow wonderful so LOS is very likely to feel way less crowded than Breeze. With that said, I like the food much better on Carnival. Plenty on both ships to keep the kids occupied. It would boil down to price and itinerary for me.