Glory vs Magic

Pugster4

My wife and I are planning a cruise for next fall and have actually only been on Spirit class ships. These two ships have the same itinerary we want to do. Just don't know what ship we would like better and what crowd levels would be like. We really enjoy eating in the main dining room and going to the comedy shows. We enjoy quiet spots outside and like to have a way to get away from crowds without going to our room. We haven't really done specialty dining either. What do you prefer and what would you recommend? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been on both classes of ships. They are similar; but the bigger the ship, the more crowds there will be.

I would choose between the ships based on the amenities. I would consider the 'adult only' areas, cove balcony (Magic), etc. I would compare where I would spend most of my time based on the location of my cabin.

But most of all, I would compare the cost of the cabin as these ships are similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been on both classes of ships. They are similar; but the bigger the ship, the more crowds there will be.

I would choose between the ships based on the amenities. I would consider the 'adult only' areas, cove balcony (Magic), etc. I would compare where I would spend most of my time based on the location of my cabin.

But most of all, I would compare the cost of the cabin as these ships are similar.

Thanks for your reply! Did you prefer one serenity area over the other?

Thanks for your reply! Did you prefer one serenity area over the other?

Not really. Didn't really spend any time in the Serenity area when we had a cove balcony. Spent most of our time there.

I've been on both. If the itinerary is the same I'd take the Magic. Nothing wrong with Glory at all, but liked the Magic better. Newer and bigger!

Ok thanks! What was it about the Magic you like better?

Not really. Didn't really spend any time in the Serenity area when we had a cove balcony. Spent most of our time there.

Oh ok. I think we might not be getting a balcony but I could see why you would use that often. We just like to be out and about doing stuff and then relax in serenity. Thanks!

We've been on both..... I would pick by ITINERARY.

Glory is Conquest class, I like it better than Magic due to size. The Magic is bigger but somehow feels more crowded to me in all public areas.

Magic as more bells and whistles... Italian restaurant, Guy's Pig N Anchor BBQ outside on Sea Days, Tandoor Indian food at lunch on Lido, Ropes course up on sky deck, and snack foods in Red Frog Pub.

Glory has the Red Frog Pub but no food served. Both have steakhouse. Both have Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana burrito bar, etc.

Pick by itinerary.... that is more important to me, anyhow.

We've been on both..... I would pick by ITINERARY.

Glory is Conquest class, I like it better than Magic due to size. The Magic is bigger but somehow feels more crowded to me in all public areas.

Magic as more bells and whistles... Italian restaurant, Guy's Pig N Anchor BBQ outside on Sea Days, Tandoor Indian food at lunch on Lido, Ropes course up on sky deck, and snack foods in Red Frog Pub.

Glory has the Red Frog Pub but no food served. Both have steakhouse. Both have Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana burrito bar, etc.

Pick by itinerary.... that is more important to me, anyhow.

I agree. But since the OP said the itinerary was the same, I would give the nod to Magic. It's lido deck is definitely more crowded feeling but for us the food options are better. We don't care for the crowds but we have a balcony so that is less of an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Magic. Much newer with some great amenities. We particularly like the full wrap-around teak deck (all too rare on ships now), the BBQ place and Ocean Plaza is a great area for pre-dinner cocktails and live music. Enjoyed the ship very much. We sailed on Glory a few years ago and it left no impression at all. Other than the over-the-top color scheme I remember nothing about the ship.

We have been on both classes of ships and specifically on the Glory as well. In terms of crowds, not much difference that we felt between the 2 classes of ships. The one difference to us happened to be the Promenade deck that went around the entire ship (Breeze, Magic, Vista etc)....while to some that was a big plus, to us it was a negative. We love balcony cabins and in order to get 'privacy' on the balcony on the Magic/Breeze/Vista etc, you must book a balcony on a higher deck (8th or above) or those walking on the Promenade can see right onto your balcony, plus there is more noise from the 'traffic' on the Promenade (especially with the hot tubs on the Breeze), plus, and this is the biggest disappointment to us, when you look down from your balcony you see a protruding deck and NOT the ocean. So for this reason, we preferred the Glory (Conquest class of ship) and our balcony on the Glory to the Breeze/Magic/Vista etc.

Both classes of ship are quite similar, especially if it has been upgraded to 2.0 amenities.....depends on what you like.

Did magic in December and are scheduled for glory in September, will be our second time on glory. Pick itinerary you want, or if price is significantly cheaper on one. As mentioned, magic has a few extra features but glory had a small dry dock recently. Can't go wrong with either ship and have always had excellent service.

• 4 weeks later...
Do be aware Glory was just refreshed earlier this year. I personally prefer the smaller ships. The pride out of Baltimore being my favorite.

We are going on glory this august liked the conquest but I loved the Everything on the Pride out of baltimore

We were on the Magic in June and November of 2016 then the Glory in May 2017 (third time; this was post drydock) and the Liberty in June 2017. All are fine ships but we agree the Magic by a mile. More dining options, hot tubs on deck by the Pig n Anchor, better water slides for the grandkids. We did not find the Magic to be crowded. And the embarkation on the recent Glory cruise was the worse I have experienced in 50 cruises. So my vote goes for the Magic.

One ship you might want to think about in the future is the Sunshine. I was on her for the first time this past April. The first day I told myself that I was going to hate that cruise. That all changed the second day. The crowds were much better and I found a couple of spots where I spent a lot of time.

The Serenity deck partially covers three separate decks and has it's own pool. And then the rear of the Lido deck is all enclosed. This is the Havana Bar area. It was never crowded at all. I enjoyed spending time there eating several of my meals and getting quiet time watching the wake at the rear of the ship in the air conditioning. Just a little something to consider on future cruises.

Also I love the Magic. I smiled the entire week. I just couldn't help myself.