Steakhouse menu questions- all about the lobster

I have ordered lobster in the steakhouse but never the surf and turf. What is the lobster difference? Do you get less/ smaller lobster with the surf and turf? Also, please tell me about the lobster pasta dish? I am usually all steak or all lobster, but we have booked the steakhouse almost every night on our upcoming cruise and I am ready to branch out!

I had surf and turf on our Conquest cruise in January. I had not seen the other lobster, but the one with the steak was small, but big enough for me when paired with the steak.

when they brought around the table of meat and lobster and described them, i thought wow only 2 ounce difference between the surf and turf lobster and the main lobster dinner. but when i saw people order the 2 dishes the regular lobster dinner looked to be twice the size of the surf and turf one. the surf and turf lobster actually looked to be around 5 ounces not the 7 ounces they stated.

In my experiences, lobster when part of the surf & turf entree is pretty much about half the size as just the lobster entry. I normally order the lobster entree but have been thinking of trying the surf and turf again on upcoming cruise. I'm not a huge steak fan, so 4 ounces is just right for me. :)

Edited by HamSammie

I have ordered lobster in the steakhouse but never the surf and turf. What is the lobster difference? Do you get less/ smaller lobster with the surf and turf? Also, please tell me about the lobster pasta dish? I am usually all steak or all lobster, but we have booked the steakhouse almost every night on our upcoming cruise and I am ready to branch out!

Here is the steakhouse menu. And be sure and try the lobster bisque. It is to die for!

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/steakhouse-menu.ashx

Our experience has been that the lobster dinner is a full tail - split in to two pieces. With the surf and turf we've gotten the fillet and 1/2 of the tail.

I will go look for some pictures!

My wife said the Chilean Sea Bass was the best she ever had. The menu says Main Lobster which i love, but i swear this was Caribbean (Spiney) lobster with no claws. The best part of Maine lobster is the claw. The lobsters in the MDR are definitely Spiney.

Our experience has been that the lobster dinner is a full tail - split in to two pieces. With the surf and turf we've gotten the fillet and 1/2 of the tail.

I will go look for some pictures!

Found them! The lobster dinner and the surf and turf......

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My wife said the Chilean Sea Bass was the best she ever had. The menu says Main Lobster which i love, but i swear this was Caribbean (Spiney) lobster with no claws. The best part of Maine lobster is the claw. The lobsters in the MDR are definitely Spiney.

I would agree!!

What about the lobster ravioli? That sounds delicious to me. We're sailing in June and I'm already meal planning!

I ordered the ravioli after seeing a picture of it in someone's review. It comes with 3 large shrimp on top. I thought it was good but very rich. I also had the crab cake and lobster bisque so everything was pretty rich. Enjoy!

What about the lobster ravioli? That sounds delicious to me. We're sailing in June and I'm already meal planning!

It's good, but it's only like 3 ravioli. It's probably the only entree where I leave the steakhouse still hungry.

Hi does anyone know if at the steakhouse they serve any chicken. We feel bad leaving my daughter, when we go to the steakhouse, she doesn't eat sea food or red meat.

They do have chicken on the menu (I think rosemary infused) but I have never tried it. Would love to hear somebody else's experience.

Both the steakhouse and the MDR menu explicitly say MAINE LOBSTER, so I would hope they're being honest about that. But in both places, all you get is the tail, not the whole lobster, so you wouldn't get the claws anyway. It'd be nice if the steakhouse served the lobsters whole instead of just the tails, though.

Ate at steakhouse twice on Freedom recently. Steak is MUCH smaller with surf & turf. I recommend what another user advised-if you have two in your party willing to share, one get lobster & the other get filet. Here is what my surf & turf looked like.ImageUploadedByForums1459339732.251494.jpg.37ac1d66e8ae9ccbd1af1aaf911d42ab.jpg