Online Message Board while on board?

We are leaving on our first Royal Caribbean cruise in a couple weeks. On Carnival, they have a message board on their website that you can access for free (since it's their site) while on-board in order to communicate with people back home. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean has anything like this? If not, what is the most cost effective way to communicate with people in the US from Europe? Our cell phone company offers no international service at all. Thanks!

Edited by Lance'sBride
Fix error.

We are leaving on our first Royal Caribbean cruise in a couple weeks. On Carnival' date=' they have a message board on their website that you can access for free (since it's their site) while on-board in order to communicate with people back home. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean has anything like this? If not, what is the most cost effective way to communicate to people in the US from Europe? Our cell phone company offers no international service at all. Thanks![/quote']

Royal does not have any free message board for onboard use.

You can buy internet access (called VOOM) for your devices.

We are leaving on our first Royal Caribbean cruise in a couple weeks. On Carnival' date=' they have a message board on their website that you can access for free (since it's their site) while on-board in order to communicate with people back home. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean has anything like this? If not, what is the most cost effective way to communicate with people in the US from Europe? Our cell phone company offers no international service at all. Thanks![/quote']

I’m guessing it’s been awhile since you checked out the carnival website, they discontinued their message at least two years ago. They transitioned their online people to focus on FB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m guessing it’s been awhile since you checked out the carnival website, they discontinued their message at least two years ago. They transitioned their online people to focus on FB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I have not cruised Carnival in several years. I was just using that as a way to explain what I was looking for to see if Royal Caribbean offered anything similar.

Thank you to everyone who let me know, we will look into the wifi packages.

If not' date=' what is the most cost effective way to communicate with people in the US from Europe? [/quote']

Install and try an internet based calling/texting app before you leave. Then, while in port, follow the crew, they'll lead you to a free wifi hot spot. Be considerate and do the time diff math before making calls.

You're on VACATION! Unplug and unhook! You can chat when you're back to normal life! You don't want a bunch of folks knowing you're not home, anyway!

Tell that to my DH. He loves the computer while on vacation. It is one form of relaxation for him. Once again I say to you CB...not EVERYONE lives in your box!

You're on VACATION! Unplug and unhook! You can chat when you're back to normal life! You don't want a bunch of folks knowing you're not home, anyway!

We will definitely enjoy the vacation, but we have young kids so I won't be able to relax unless I can check in with Grandma and Grandpa and make sure they're ok. A mama's heart never goes on vacation!