Edinburgh from Rosyth Terminal

dsw39

We are sailing on RCL Brilliance of the Sea in May! They have indicated we will tender to the Rosyth Terminal. I checked and see that Rosyth isn't a tender port. Anyway has anyone traveled to Edinburgh from this terminal? What is the approximate timing? Any complications?

Had hoped that we would tender to Newhaven!

Thanks

Dave

Rosyth is never a tender port and I honestly don't think that Brilliance will be docking there because she is far too big for that port, especially sailing under the three Forth Bridges!! I don't have specific information about which ships are where and when in 2018, but I know that RCI and Celebrity tend to anchor at Newhaven and passengers are tendered ashore.

I know the Forth Ports list for 2018 are still work in progress. However I saw on cruisecal.com that Brilliance of The Seas is actually docking in Greenock for Glasgow / Edinburgh. It is about 60 miles from Edinburgh.
Our Princess cruise this past August offered excursions for the Tattoo in Edinburgh when we docked in Greenock. We opted to skip doing it. Those who went enjoyed it, although they weren't thrilled with the distance or the late time getting back to the ship. We opted to take the train into Glasgow instead. It was one of our favorite stops. We did the hop-on/hop-off buses there.

We got our day in Edinburgh later in the cruise, tendering at Queensferry and taking the train into the city to tour the castle and enjoy the Royal Mile (during the Fringe festival).