Silver Wind Barbados disembarkation time?

labeam

Any suggestions on what to do between 9:30 until the airport?

I'm sure you will figure it out. If you have any money left; you can hire a car and driver to show you a personal view of the island and buy them lunch to learn what the people really think about and how they live. Then dropping you off at the airport to make your flight?

Most don't have any money left to have a leisurely travel day if Silversea is not paying for it.

Depends on your flight time but there is a ''Farewell to Barbados'' excursion that gets you to the airport by about 1.30. It costs US$79 and includes a trip around the island and lunch. It's not worth $79 of course, but it wiles away 4 hours.

I did that excursion a few weeks ago, it's not bad - as stated, a passable way to pass the time.

A couple of points about BGI airport if you aren't familiar with it - the check in desks don't open till three hours before your flight, and the only lounge is a private paid one, there's no Airline lounges. When I arrived at 1pm from the excursion for a 4.30 flight, I stood for a while behind a very disgruntled couple who had arrived at 10am direct from the port, expecting to check in early and spend the day in a fancy lounge.

There is free wifi in the regular terminal and lots of seating.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, neither the excursion nor showing up too early to the airport sound appealing.

Perhaps there is a fancy hotel or restaurant to have "brunch" at after the cruise and then continue on to the airport? It would have to be somewhere geographically acceptable between the airport and cruise terminal.

Don't go to the Hilton, the food is poor and they have an extremely casual attitude to storing your baggage.

The Crane is a bit beyond the airport but is possibly worth the extra taxi fare, it's a classy hotel. You could contact info@thecrane.com to ask about a day pass which gets you access to the hotel and restaurant (not a day room, need a huge bank account for that), they used to offer them at a reasonable price.

Edited by jollyjones

Thank you, neither the excursion nor showing up too early to the airport sound appealing.

Perhaps there is a fancy hotel or restaurant to have "brunch" at after the cruise and then continue on to the airport? It would have to be somewhere geographically acceptable between the airport and cruise terminal.

Go and have lunch at Champers, an excellent seafood restaurant, and on the way to the airport. Suggest you book.

We also loved Champers. We had a delicious dinner there with a lovely view. You might consider Carson's Tours and Taxi. Carson Moore, the owner, is a delightful guide, and we thought his rates were very fair. We spent a day touring with him last March before our SS cruise, and also used him for transfers to and from the airport. There are many reviews on TripAdvisor. He is a native of Barbados and very proud of his country.