Breeze Oct 19-25, medical emergencies, missed port, & cloudy weather...

sid_9169

Thanks for the review. We were on this cruise and also booked with Fat Fish Adventures. Now I understand how they already knew about the itinerary change and wouldn't arrive in Grand Cayman until Thursday :) I used the onboard computers using the by minute plan to email them was able to get in touch using my cell phone on Thursday morning. I'm platinum and wish I had thought of going to GS to see if they would let me use their computer/phone :)

We still had a great time despite the challenges and can't say enough about the crew and the service they provided.

I will try to finish this up later this afternoon. It seems that my employer went ahead and saved up the entire week of work that I missed last week... Also, I hate to disappoint, but there will be no 50 Shades of Grey ending to this twisted tale of novice prose. Suffice to say, that if this review were to ever become a motion picture, Jennifer Aniston & Sophia Vergara would be the only actresses to do the two young ladies justice.

First of all I would like to thank all who have commented and or read this far. I never expected that more than a dozen or so people would ever read my review/story/whatever this is. Also, I am not what would be described as any sort of "seasoned cruiser" merely a lowly red level VIFP, with only 3 total voyages under my belt. The Fascination in 2010. The Glory in the summer of 14. And now the Breeze. All solo. (The Breeze, even with the crazy weather, easily my favorite ship and best experience.)

I also failed high school english class on more than one occasion, so not really much of a writer either. More just a storyteller, and this is all true. The names have been left out to protect the innocent as well as the guilty.

I hope to finish after work this evening, and will try to type it up in the morning... till then, thanks again for making it this far...

First of all I would like to thank all who have commented and or read this far. I never expected that more than a dozen or so people would ever read my review/story/whatever this is. Also, I am not what would be described as any sort of "seasoned cruiser" merely a lowly red level VIFP, with only 3 total voyages under my belt. The Fascination in 2010. The Glory in the summer of 14. And now the Breeze. All solo. (The Breeze, even with the crazy weather, easily my favorite ship and best experience.)

I also failed high school english class on more than one occasion, so not really much of a writer either. More just a storyteller, and this is all true. The names have been left out to protect the innocent as well as the guilty.

I hope to finish after work this evening, and will try to type it up in the morning... till then, thanks again for making it this far...

Can't wait for the rest of your review!! There's no such thing as a lowly red level VIFP :) It doesn't matter if you have one or one hundred cruises with a positive attitude like yours you are above many!

Alright, I'm about to run this thing up the flagpole and see if it flies. I woke up early again for my last omelette of the cruise. Clouds turned to sun & I headed up to the deck to see if I could finally catch some rays. One of the hottie's was a smoker, so I set up on the starboard side to have a view of the smoking area. The sun came out for about 5 minutes, then disentrigated into clouds, then rain. The act of deploying the towel onto the empty chair & then retreating away from the rain was getting tedious by now. I grabbed a Guys burger as soon as they opened and then topped it off with some grub from the tandoor. With no sign of the girls I settled in for the miss Carnival competition at 1:30. Either one of them could have easily won this against the competitors that day. Afterwards I made my way to the Ocean Plaza bar to have some drinks as my vacation was quickly winding down. The afternoon came and went & it was about 4 pm. I made a reconnaissance mission to the 8th floor by the girls room and noticed the "snoozin" sign on the door. I went back to my cabin and constructed a makeshift door hanger with a short, simple message. "Had a wicked awesome time with you two yesterday, I will be down at the Lobby Bar after 7:30 until if you want to join. If not, no worries and safe travels... Sid" At dinner that night only two other people showed up at a table for ten. I had the crab cakes, shrimp cocktail, tempura shrimp, prime rib and lobster. They also came around with free drinks I suppose for the missed port and confusion this entire trip. Afterwards I made my way to the Lobby Bar in hopes of one last visit from the girls...

Once again.... Don't stop now! I can't wait to hear how things went.... You are a great story teller. 😄😄 I look forward to the conclusion.

I somehow suspect you are smiling right now knowing you have so many wishing they knew the outcome of your night.

It seems as though my "ship review" has sort of swerved hard to starboard and may be better suited to a cheesy Harlequin Romance forum. But I digress... About ten minutes after eight I was about ready to call it a night, as I still had packing to do and was scheduled for early debarkation at 7:15 am. Looking up through the glass of the Lobby staircase I saw two figures dressed in white descending. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming, but it was real. There's a pretty fair chance that I never make it to Heaven, but now, at least I will know what the Angels look like, absoluetly stunning. They had gotten my note and they said they were going in for late seating at the Sapphire dining room, but if I were still around afterward, to join them for the ten o'clock comedy show.

They had mentioned yesterday that they wanted to try a dirty martini with blue cheese olives, only available at the Steakhouse bar. I told them to give me a heads up when they made their desert order so I could retrieve the drinks and meet them back at the Lobby Bar. About 9:40 one of the Angels emerged from the dining room and said they would be finished soon and they would meet me there in 15 minutes. When I got to the Steakhouse the bartender informed me that there were only 4 blue cheese stuffed olives left on the entire ship. When she poured the drinks they were filled to within 1mm of the top of the glass and I knew there was no chance that I would ever make it all the way back to the lobby without spilling both of them all over the place. She poured them into larger glasses and said the lobby bartender would transfer them both back to martini glasses when I got there. I made it back just as they were leaving the dining room and with drinks in hand, we proceeded towards the comedy club.

It had already started and it was standing room only by now. Afterwards we wandered into the Piano Bar for more drinks and entertainment. I couldn't help but notice that all eyes were upon us as I stood there with these two magnificent beauties. Probably thinking to themselves "what are those two stunning babes doing with him?" I felt like I was about ten feet tall at that point, and we carried on for a while longer. Before long it was getting late and we all had to be up early to debark from this adventure at sea. I walked the two back to their cabin and we exchanged hugs and pleasantries. They posed for a couple of photographs that I've sworn to never reveal to anyone. Soon I was heading back to my cabin to try to sleep with visions of these extraordinary beauties running through my brain.

I guess that you've been waiting for the part where I scored with one ( or both ) of them, but, alas they were nearly 20 years younger than me and I was just happy having some fun ( and hot ) companionship on this otherwise dreary voyage. And though I will never ever see them again, the memories are etched upon my mind forever...

Friday night there was a whole lot more tossing and turning than sleep. I finally just got out of bed about 5:30 and went up to grab some coffee and watch as we pulled into the port. As we were docking the MSC Divina was pulling in right after us. I took a couple more photos of the sunrise then went down to grab my stuff and wait for debarkation at the Sapphire dining room. By the time I knew it I was in a cab on route to the airport. I arrived in plenty of time for my 11:30 flight, in fact I tried to get a seat on the 10:10 flight, but didn't want to pay the change fees.

Back on the ground in Atlanta, I was still a subway & a cab ride away from home. Also, it was 80 degrees and sunny that day. Oh, the irony. Go all the way to the Caribbian in search of Sun and I find it here at home. Looking back on the week on the Breeze, I couln't help but think it could have been a whole lot better with nicer weather and minus the medical issues. But, then again, I had a pretty damn good time.

• 1 month later...

Hey Sid! Great review. I had no idea you were so talented as a writer/story teller. You were pretty good at dinner - but I had know idea. Anyway it was a pleasure sitting next to you at dinner! I was the crazy old yappin lady next to you,,,,,:D

I see you are about to try the Breeze again. I am jealous!

We aregoing on the Dream this weekend. My dh has finally decided he will cruise with me.

Ok Merry Christmas to your and your daughter. See I did listen to you.:p

Edited by tbbtravels

Ya should have cracked it open. No one would have known anything.

LOL, I was under the weather and couldn't make it.

They brought the wine to the room the last night. I schlepped it to the Glory the next morning. Gave it away to the cruise critic group on there.

Have a good upcoming cruise on the Breeze! Will definitely be better than the last one - and that wasn't too bad a trip. Just not what we paid for. Nice ship and nice people. No worries about you - you will have a good time. I know you will.

Hope to run into you again.

Edited by tbbtravels