Sydney Questions

brendabubbie

Skyring....

great shot! So many places in Au photograph so well!

We leave Miami next week and fly (forever) to Sydney for a week then get on Regatta for a circumnav of Australia, 1 port in Taz, Bali, PTG, and Komodo.

We've seen a lot of Australia, both interior and coastal but not western coast so looking forward to Exmouth, Geraldton, Perth & Esperance as well as PTG and Fraser Island!

Aussie friends have sent me loads of info (thanks D&D) and we're traveling with 2 couples that are on cruise critic and are world travelers!!! (Hi cathi & jennie!)

rather than do the math and try to figure out day/date i just bought 2 cheap kids watches--one is set to "my" time and the other to whatever port we'll be in...one will live on my wrist, the other on my backpack!!!

Can't wait!!!! May do a review here as i did for ATW16; for sure Mr. Wonderful will do his blog for family!

We hired a car and drove to the Blue Mountains for 1 night, but it doesn't sound like you have time for that (for anyone that does have time stop off at Featherdale wildlife sanctuary on route)

Take the ferry to Watsons Bay and have fish and chips at Doyles, they have 2 places there - a casual one at the wharf, and a proper restaurant that you would probably need reservations for. The ferry to Manly is also great, and we ate at a nice pub by the beach there, but I can't remember the name!

Hey, everybody ...thanks for the best wishes!

After Oz circumnav is April-May'18 with O Mumbai-Rome, then hop on a train and "do" Italian cities, into Zurich, then Paris and fly home from there.

About 3 days in each place--made the hotel reservations months ago and again traveling with the couple we met on ATW16--she's on ccritic and they're Canadian, so they're nice!!!

Taking the boys to the Ferrari Museum and the girls get Cinque Terre! (they get a day there, we get 3!)

Probably do a review/blog about that as well!!! Yeah PNG...what PaulMCO said!!

we have some O Life excursions on this Aust cruise so we're taking 2 of them to PNG and doing the WWII history sites. Looking forward to seeing those as we have had some excellent tour guides on shorex but most of this cruise will be DIY.