Debarcation luggage tags

Thebosn1

I just heard that the ships now want passengers to go and pick up their own tags for the luggage prior to debarkation. On my last cruise they dropped off the tags at our cabin the night before debarkation. Some folks are saying it is no big deal, others are talking about standing in line for extended time to pick them up.

Anyone had to do this recently? I also heard that they still bring the tags to the cabins for platinum and diamond, and others say that is only on some ships.

Next cruise is on Splendor in October. Anyone familiar with the process on her recently?

Just curious, thanks.

I am familiar with the process on other cruise lines that have a very similar method of debarkation tags and there is line to pick up tags. You just pick up what you need and go

The only line there might be is due to clueless people who are undecided on what number tags they want and just stand in front of the tags like they are frozen in time

I am familiar with the process on other cruise lines that have a very similar method of debarkation tags and there is line to pick up tags. You just pick up what you need and go

The only line there might be is due to clueless people who are undecided on what number tags they want and just stand in front of the tags like they are frozen in time

HAHAHA that's exactly what I was thinking! Unfortunately, I can see that being the actual situation and spending time waiting behind people when I would rather be enjoying myself.

I just did it on the Fantasy and there’s a time window to pick them up and it’s no big deal. If you miss your window, you can go to guest services and get them there. Also, I believe if you’re platinum, diamond or FTTF they drop them off in your cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We experienced this on the Vista in March. We had FTTF so they delivered Zone 2 tags to the cabin the day before. We were going to wait to disembark so we went and grabbed tags for the last zone after they had been out for awhile. Luggage is suppose to show up in the terminal based on the tag so we didn't want our luggage out there too early.

I did take in the Military Appreciation Event and they had the tags there for people to take before they made them available elsewhere.

I just did it on the Fantasy and there’s a time window to pick them up and it’s no big deal. If you miss your window, you can go to guest services and get them there. Also, I believe if you’re platinum, diamond or FTTF they drop them off in your cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off the Conquest yesterday. I'm Platinum and my Zone 1 tags were delivered to the room the night before debarkation. I saw the rack with the luggage tags on the last sea day on the Promenade mid-ship. I passed by 6-8 times throughout the day and there was never a line. I personally think this a smart move as it allows everyone to choose when they want to debark. If you need to hit the road early you get a lower number, if you want to hangout on the ship and eat breakfast in the MDR one more time you get a higher number. The way they assigned the numbers before didn't give you this flexibility.

Did it this way on NCL with no hassle. The tags were in a rack and you simply walk up and take what zone you want. The sky didn't fall, the Earth didn't spin out of control into the Sun, and debark wasn't the apocalyptic nightmare that many are predicting. Carnival cruisers in various social media groups are losing their collective minds over this for no good reason.

I was on the Magic in June. We had FTTF so ours were delivered to the cabin. We happened to pass by the board several times. The only time we saw a line was immediately after the debarkation talk and it seemed to move quickly. I know if you have an early flight you can still go to Guest Services for an early zone if not doing self assist. If you don’t have an early flight but need an early zone and have multiple people in your group I would recommend one person attend the briefing and another go to the board for tags. St least on our cruise they were handing them out then with no line.

We saw this for the first time on the Horizon in June. They put a giant board out with the tags. We didn’t attend the debarkation talk so we weren’t aware of the new process. (We had planned to self debark) By the time we knew about the new process (about an hour after tags were put out) there was nothing before zone 28 left. So it may be worth getting there early if you want a specific zone.