Short Cruises

Peachypooh

For many reasons (mainly budget) we will have to skip our usual longer cruise and were thinking of trying a shorter one. Since we are in our 60's and not real heavy drinkers we were trying to figure out what time of year we would probably fit in better. Would late November/early December be less of a party crowd? I am thinking no school holidays or spring breakers likely at that time. I was thinking of sailing out of Miami. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

from what i understand, the weekend Sky cruises are a party ship. the Mon-Fri Sky sailings less so. when you say a short cruise, i assume you mean less than 7 days?

we found a 4 nighter on the Jade that we just did from miami in january. sometimes you can find one here and there. it was a great crowd.

For many reasons (mainly budget) we will have to skip our usual longer cruise and were thinking of trying a shorter one. Since we are in our 60's and not real heavy drinkers we were trying to figure out what time of year we would probably fit in better. Would late November/early December be less of a party crowd? I am thinking no school holidays or spring breakers likely at that time. I was thinking of sailing out of Miami. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

My experience of doing short cruises is all bad.... I end thinking "feck I love cruising but this was too short" and book another damned cruise... You have been warned!

Joking aside, we also chase the warmth so that points toward late year/new year for us too. Christmas onboard is fun :cool:

Edited by Notnewtoit

We enjoy the 3-day weekend cruises. Any time at sea is a good time. Our “spring break” days are long, long past. But, we do what we go to the shows and enjoy sitting in the bars listening to music. And if you ignore the few idiots who drink themselves silly, you’ll have a great time. Our last 3-day was last Labor Day weekend.

from what i understand, the weekend Sky cruises are a party ship. the Mon-Fri Sky sailings less so. when you say a short cruise, i assume you mean less than 7 days?

we found a 4 nighter on the Jade that we just did from miami in january. sometimes you can find one here and there. it was a great crowd.

Yes, less than 7 days. Thank you for sharing your experience.

We did a short weekend cruise before thanksgiving out of New Orleans and it was wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums