How much does a beer cost?

Renee10

I'm just curious about the cost of a domestic beer on the ship. We're leaving in a few weeks on the Sensation and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth my while to try to "sneak" some on. I know it's OK to take one or two bottles of wine and a 12-pack of cola but not other alcoholic beverages. Do they really charge that much?

Here is an excellent and reasonably priced company to use: Just Because of You based in Miami serving all the major ports and cruiselines.

We just used this for our 3-17-06 Panama Canal trip and loved it. Shelley from Just Because can put together baskets and bon voyage gifts with anything you request in it. Our case of Micholob Ultra was $45 which broke down to less than $2.00 a beer. Far cry from ship charges. Our cabin steward iced them down in a cooler we brought and a bucket they gave us and it was icy cold all the time.

Shelley can also do wine, liquors etc. I ordered my hubby a Mimosa basket with champagne, glasses, orange juice, cookies, candy, cheese and crackers for a great price. It was delivered in a picnic basket with ribbons on that made such a great presentation. She can also do flowers of a great variety at a great price.

Tell her you read on Cruise Critic posted by Judi Kozar.

Have a great trip and enjoy the delivered gifts if you order them.

PS....we had 34 people in our group and all the cabins got beer delivered plus bottles of Bon Voyage Champagne and all were please with their purchases

I only saw wine. Also, will it be hot or chilled when it arrives? How will we keep it cool...take a cooler? Another question, I saw the individual beer prices on the ship but not by the bucket. Thanks for all the replies.

I saw on the carnival website where you can buy gifts or flowers or whatever to be waiting for you that you can buy a gift package that comes with a cooler, a hat, and 4 beers (coronas). It costs 19.99. that's 5 bucks a beer + a cooler lol.

I can't believe i'm rationalizing this crap!! lol - never mind

oh yea, but there is also drink coupons that you can buy for cruisers. the coupons say they are good for any drink + gratuity. each ticket comes out to $5 (4 for 20 + a card from the buyer). My question is this:

Are there drinks (crown on the rocks, margarittas w/ top shelf, etc.) that cost more than $5??

Is it possible that buying 8 or 12 coupons before the trip is a good idea for those special drinks?

Am i losing my mind?

oh yea, but there is also drink coupons that you can buy for cruisers. the coupons say they are good for any drink + gratuity. each ticket comes out to $5 (4 for 20 + a card from the buyer). My question is this:Are there drinks (crown on the rocks, margarittas w/ top shelf, etc.) that cost more than $5??

Is it possible that buying 8 or 12 coupons before the trip is a good idea for those special drinks? Am i losing my mind?

Better look closer at that-- the coupons are now only good for drinks up to 3.95. The coupons are not worth the money at this time because even with adding the gratuity the coupons cost more then what you are spending. The bar menu is posted above.

You best bet is to buy funship dollars for 25.00 and have them applied to your account. That way you dont have to worry about what the drink cost. (you can find these on the gift page under gift certificates)

the drinks you are descibing will probably cost like 7 bucks today. A premium martini is 8.50

what is the web site or phone number for "Just Because" ? Google gives me a travel agent in Miami... is that it ?

No web page--but here is the number

The number is 800-882-9707.

if you google " Just beacuse of you" you will get a list

Does anyone know if Well Wishers and/or Just Because of You have a specific list of beers to choose from? Or are you able to make special requests. Looking at the menu of available beers, there's not much there that appeals to me. (Sam is ok in a pinch). I'd love to get a case of one of my favorite Micros delivered.

I only saw wine. Also, will it be hot or chilled when it arrives? How will we keep it cool...take a cooler? Another question, I saw the individual beer prices on the ship but not by the bucket. Thanks for all the replies.

You have to call them for price on beer,

Note that I was told they have now limited beer delivery to 1 case per port, So I have a case being delivered in miami, san Juan and St. Martin.

every case cost me 55 + 7.

You have to call them for price on beer,

Note that I was told they have now limited beer delivery to 1 case per port, So I have a case being delivered in miami, san Juan and St. Martin.

every case cost me 55 + 7.

Kewl-- I did not know that one could do this.. My question now-- when its delivered will they hold it til the last night?

Domestic beers have gone up to $4.50. We ordered 2 cases of beer from www.wellwishers.com to be delivered to our room for a total of $124 which averages $2.58 per beer and we don't have to "smuggle". Sounds expensive but much cheaper than on the ship.

Was that to a US port or Can they ship to San Juan. Also I didnt see beer on their website, is that Phone only?///???

Bob:D

Was that to a US port or Can they ship to San Juan. Also I didnt see beer on their website, is that Phone only?///???

Bob:D

Bob.

Try Just Because of You at 18008829707. You will love the service and they do most major ports. Ask for Shelley and she will help you...she is great to work with!!

Bon Voyage!

Yes, plus 15% gratutity. The buckets are a better deal!

2 questions, how good of a deal are the buckets and do they have draft beer. If so what kind? I looked at mrdood's webshots pics of the menu and none were listed. I can't imagine them not having draft beer.

It is even cheaper to just put it in a check on. I borrowed a hard sided suitcase from my mom and I was able to sneak on 6 12 packs on my last cruise. It showed up with the rest of my luggage right outside my door.:cool:

2 questions, how good of a deal are the buckets and do they have draft beer. If so what kind? I looked at mrdood's webshots pics of the menu and none were listed. I can't imagine them not having draft beer.

$13 plus 15% gratuity for 12oz cans.. $17 plus 15% gratuity for 16oz bottles.. Corona.. or imports.. and Labatts Blue is considered an import:p

We never ventured to the inside bars so I can't comment on the draft beer.. but they did not have any on the lido deck.

It is even cheaper to just put it in a check on. I borrowed a hard sided suitcase from my mom and I was able to sneak on 6 12 packs on my last cruise. It showed up with the rest of my luggage right outside my door.:cool:

Agree alot cheaper.. but if you don't have the extra luggage.. and do not want the hassle of having to go buy it then stuff it in your luggage.. WW's or the other one mentioned work just great..

We used WW's for our 03/05 cruise and I had 2 cases of beer delivered to the room at 3pm .. Don't know about the change of only 1 case now.. maybe it is getting so popular from these boards..:D

Archived