Emerald Princess - cabin R 743 or R 747?

basor

We have booked a B2B on the Emerald Princess from Rome to FLL. We usually book a mini suite but this time are trying an aft balcony on Deck 14 for easy access to the adult pool, Outrigger Bar and Horizons.

Does anyone have any pros or cons on taking the last cabin (R747) which appears to have a larger balcony but next to door out to pool or R743 which is one cabin in and appears to be a regular size cabin but, perhaps, less noise from door.

On our 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise last year, we became good friends with a couple that always book a balcony cabin in this area and love the location.

Thanks in advance for any advice/observations on these cabins.

We were in R747 on the ruby in March and loved the size of the balcony and access to the aft pool area and bar within a couple steps of our room. No noise issues at all. I prefer to book mini suites, but if I needed to book a balcony again I would not hesitate to pick R747

We were just in an inside cabin for 28 days R740 with no noise what so ever. Lived the location. Did Hawaii and Tahiti and felt very little motion back there. Loved the convenience to Cafe Caribe for breakfast and pool area. Just steps away from your own bathroom, etc.

Lived it and will book again.

We were in R747 on the ruby in March and loved the size of the balcony and access to the aft pool area and bar within a couple steps of our room. No noise issues at all. I prefer to book mini suites, but if I needed to book a balcony again I would not hesitate to pick R747

Thank you so much - this is the kind of feedback we were looking for. I had heard that the balcony was bigger but was incased in steel and at an angle. Did you find this to be true and did it effect your use of the balcony - i.e. - not easy to sit out on balcony and see or cool because of no sun or??

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you so much - this is the kind of feedback we were looking for. I had heard that the balcony was bigger but was incased in steel and at an angle. Did you find this to be true and did it effect your use of the balcony - i.e. - not easy to sit out on balcony and see or cool because of no sun or??

Balcony is pentagonal and plenty of room.

I don't recall the sun exposure as I avoid the sun.

D deck has no shade cover so it depends on the direction of the ship & time of day for me to do my sun avoidance