parasailing in Key West

cruisin gator

Has anyone parasailed in Key West? If so what company did you use. I want to book it privately rather than through the ship if I can save money.

Also are the doors on Enchantment of the Seas magnetic? It is my parents 50th anniversary and I want to decorate their door and my son and his new wife's door since they just got married in March and this will be their honeymoon.

Thanks

We booked thru this company:

~The Sebago Watersports Team

I'll let you know how they are - we're going next week!!!!:)

We used Sebago a few years ago. It was awesome. I had never parasailed before and was a little leary. I absolutely loved it!!! They take still shots and video your "flight" and sell you the mini-disk if you want it. I think it cost $10 then. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!:) :)

Has anyone parasailed in Key West? If so what company did you use. I want to book it privately rather than through the ship if I can save money.

Also are the doors on Enchantment of the Seas magnetic? It is my parents 50th anniversary and I want to decorate their door and my son and his new wife's door since they just got married in March and this will be their honeymoon.

Thanks

Sunset Water Sports in the past and we will use them next week. We are booked at 11 am and the cost is 29 pp + tax.

http://www.sunsetwatersportskeywest.com/key-west-parasailing.html

We used Sunset Water Sports when we were in Key West on the Jewel...

http://www.sunsetwatersportskeywest.com/key-west-parasailing.html

I thought they were great and we booked the $29/pp trip. It's for mornings only and it's a tandem flight. We wondered how good could it be for that price and we kidded about what thh boat was going to look like. We were pleasantly surprised and would recommend them.

Happy cruising,

Linda

• 1 month later...

My DW and I went parasailing with Sebago last week and had a great time. We had a 10:00am time and we were the only ones on the boat so you might say that we had a private charter. Captain Hans and Mikey were great and they provided us with a great trip. We spent about 15 minutes in the air.

I might add that I don't like heights, but I was never bothered by the experience. It was very peaceful.

Mikey also took several pics that he put on a mini-DVD. Of course, it was $20, but he took some great pics--and he had a great time doing it! You can see some of the pics here: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563649252HgpTWT?start=60

I will be in Key West in about two weeks for a land vacation, we'll be there only for a day. I am going with my grandma, and I'm 16, and I want to try parasailing, and of course, she doesn't want to.

Is is possible for me to do it by myself (solo)? Who is the best company for that?

Yes, you would be able to go parasailing by yourself, but your grandmother may have to sign the release forms (or better yet, get the release forms ahead of time and have a parent or legal guardian fill them out). The 3 names that I have come across are Sebago, Sunset, and Fury. You can do a search and find information on all three of these companies. We went through Sebago and had a great time.

Hope you get a chance to go! It's a great experience!

There is a weight limit of about 450 lbs for a tandum ride (of course, this depends on the equipment that is being used and the guidelines of each individual company). Having said that, my DW and I would be closer to 500 lbs together (I'm a big guy) and we had no problems. It was a great time! I might add that even though I do not care much for heights, it didn't bother me at all. There's a great view from up there and it's very peaceful.

This is part of a response to a Q about parasailing. It is specific to Sebago but probably holds for all of the companies...

>>>>Peter, Yes there is weight restrictions, though it is a bit variable

>>>>depending on wind conditions and which chute we are flying. 450 lbs is

>>>>max and 120 is minimum, though we don't advertise this because it is a

>>>>captains determination on the boat

Pjk

• 4 months later...
I just looked at Sunset Water sports website and it says $39 for parasailing. Is this per person? What about tandem rides? Anyone know the price for that?

Single Rides : $39

Tandem Rides : $78

TAX : 7.5%

But I think you can find a coupon or two which will get you a ride for less. And as always, see if you can find out how long the ride is for your money.

Pjk

• 5 months later...

Cruiselines generally charge more because they want their cut. The cheapest I have seen for parasailing through the RCCL, for example, is $79 for a single person. When you book privately, you pay only what the local economy will permit based on supply and demand.

In six cruises, I have booked several private excursions and have never had a problem. Just do you homework on CC and you should be fine.:cool:

Cruiselines generally charge more because they want their cut. The cheapest I have seen for parasailing through the RCCL, for example, is $79 for a single person. When you book privately, you pay only what the local economy will permit based on supply and demand.

In six cruises, I have booked several private excursions and have never had a problem. Just do you homework on CC and you should be fine.:cool:

Thanks for the pics. they were great. I can't wait to go now!!

We just used Sebago on April 6th...my daughters did a tandem ride for $74.00. Sebago was very good. If someone doesn't go and needs to wait, there's a neat little outdoor restaurant/bar 10 feet from the boat dock!!;)

• 1 month later...

Archived