Pre-Pay Gratuity

Pickels

Been cruising since 2003, we've always left the pre-paid gratuities active, meaning we've never removed them from our account; and have given envelopes with extra at the end of our cruise. In reviewing our Princess cruise for next March, I see on the Pre-Pay Gratuity a total of $108.50 (paid) for both my wife and I.

Is this for the entire cruise, or is this on a daily basis?

Thanks all.

Been cruising since 2003, we've always left the pre-paid gratuities active, meaning we've never removed them from our account; and have given envelopes with extra at the end of our cruise. In reviewing our Princess cruise for next March, I see on the Pre-Pay Gratuity a total of $108.50 (paid) for both my wife and I.

Is this for the entire cruise, or is this on a daily basis?

Thanks all.

You must be in a full suite. The Gratuity is $15.50/pp/day which is $108.50/pp for a 7 day cruise.

The option to pre-pay your gratuities through the cruise personalizer has only been around since I believe late 2014 (or may have even begun more recently).

If you leave the daily service charge on your folio you are certainly not "pre-paying" it; it will be charged to the credit card you registered along with all your other onboard spend.

...yes, I get that the OP really meant to say they "leave the pre-determined gratuities active" on their stateroom charges. But lest anyone else be so confused by the thread title and first post as to also believe that the DSC has increased to over $100/pp/pd a little clarity will help

And since sailing under the free gratuities promo a year ago, for my most recent cruise I went ahead and prepaid. Not seeing the charges on the folio is something I quickly learned to prefer despite the logic that the reason the DSC is charged separately and not in the cruise fare is that it is properly not assessed until during your stay onboard (along with every in the same cabin category being assessed the identical amount no matter what fare they paid).