Grandeur js mid-ship or aft

Hello...we currently have cabin 8044 booked on the Grandeur which is dead mid ship, but see that cabin 8588 at the very aft has become available.

Has anyone been in either of these cabins before and can possibly provide any information about any pros and cons of each. It looks by the deck plan that 8588 Aft is bigger with a larger balcony too.

Is the only drawback to the aft the motion of the ship? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave

We had a side JS and we have visited the aft JS on a couple of cabin crawls.

The afts are very nice. The balcony is huge and I think all of the afts JS have a walk in closet. The side JS on Grandeur do not have a walk in closet.

I couple of the Afts have a support pole at the end of the bed. [lovingly referred to as a stripper pole by one guest.]

The only down side is the longer walk to the cabin and motion is more noticeable. A few people have mentioned getting soot on the balcony.

I was told that only the "corner" aft JS's on the Grandeur have the walk in closet. Not sure if it is on all decks, but we have the corner aft on deck 7, and was told it will have the WIC. Don't know about the WIC's on the side JS's.

Gwen :)

Edited by cruzinlady1947

I was told that only the "corner aft" JS's on the Grandeur have the walk in closet. Not sure if it is on all decks, but we have the corner aft on deck 7, and was told it will have the WIC.

Gwen :)

On Enchantment, staterooms 7166 and 7666 have walk-in closets. Those would be 7150 and 7650 on Grandeur.

It seems from what I am reading on this thread and some others, that the JS aft is better on deck 7 than deck 8. Not sure if that's true. Might just be one's opinion, but I can understand that having a corner JS aft might allow a bit more room and privacy, especially on the balcony than an aft on deck 8 that isn't a corner room, or, compared to a mid ship JS. Decisions, Decisions.

We were on Rhapsody with a corner aft JS cabin 8596. We were also on Legend in cabin 8048. The aft balcony was fantastic! It is a bit of a walk as you are at the very end of the ship, but I would do an aft balcony on Vision class any day.

8048 on Legend was nice. Great access to everything. Only problem was we were under the Solarium. The Solarium has tile floors and the Park Cafe is up there. The crew would roll a cart around collecting empty dishes and as it went over our cabin it noticeably "thumped" as it went over the tile. Not sure it it would be the same on Grandeur in 8044. Seemed that 8044 on Legend would be a bit quieter as it was more under the Diamond Lounge. But the Diamond lounge on Grandeur is in a different location.

If it were me, I'd take the aft balcony for the enormous size you get back there.

We had the equivalent on Rhapsody (8598) last September and really enjoyed it. You can sit on the balcony anytime at sea and not worry about the wind blowing by as they are protected. It did not have a walk in closet but that may have been just on Rhapsody.

We had 8588 in 2006 on a repo from Baltimore. There was soot on the balcony at times. The walk is long to everywhere which is OK unless you are not able to walk that distance several times a day. The nearby stairs are for crew only. Don't use them. Not much noise.

Rick and Deirdra

Thanks for all of the replies so far. I see on the Grandeur, the only corner afts are on deck 7, while on deck 8 where 8588 is available, it is not a corner aft cabin as those are GS on that deck 8.

So, I'm wondering if the aft is almost as good on deck 8 even though it's not a corner room like on deck 7?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just came off the New Years Eve Grandeur cruise. We were in JS 8552 and there was a lot of noise. We talked to others around us and they complained about the noise also. It sounds like you are beneath a bowling alley all night long. We rebooked for the same cruise next year and were told that the aft JS's on deck 7 are much quieter. They said there may be some more motion but we are not bothered by motion. Quiet is much more important to us. Also, the air conditioner did not work very well. We had it set at the max setting and it was barely tolerable. Maintenance came twice and we ended up getting a fan from our cabin steward to make it tolerable.