Live from Carnival Dream

PaulMedik

Just came to a stop off the coast of Palm Beach (I think) and we were just boarded by US Coast Guard. No announcements so I have no clue why.

So far it's been a great trip. Haven't smelled the bad smells.

Boarding was delayed for elevator testing, but not too long.

Coast Guard just left, but couldn't see who or what went with them due to Lanai. I am enjoying our aft wrap; deck six wraps are a decent size!

First impressions of Dream are that Liberty will remain my favorite.

Sorry for the lack of details, but I promise to do better with my review. Posting via iPhone doesn't lend itself well to lengthy posts.

hey paul. enjoy your cruise. please post all that you can. i only booked this a coupla days ago on the quick and now all i'm seeing are horrible reviews -- both here and on the CCL site -- rocking; listing; unhappy crew; disorganized/disinterested crew; bad flow in lido restaurant, etc.

usually the bad reviews are tempered with good ones, and i can weed out what, to me, might be nonsense. but so far, the bad reviews on dream are dominating.

hoping you bring good news.:)

Just came to a stop off the coast of Palm Beach (I think) and we were just boarded by US Coast Guard. No announcements so I have no clue why.

So far it's been a great trip. Haven't smelled the bad smells.

Boarding was delayed for elevator testing, but not too long.

Coast Guard just left, but couldn't see who or what went with them due to Lanai. I am enjoying our aft wrap; deck six wraps are a decent size!

First impressions of Dream are that Liberty will remain my favorite.

Sorry for the lack of details, but I promise to do better with my review. Posting via iPhone doesn't lend itself well to lengthy posts.

Have a great cruise Paul!!! I sure wish it had worked out for us to be cruising together again.

Looking forward to your observations. We'll be on the Dream next week!!!

Enjoy your vacation and all our best to you, your lovely wife and the boys!!!

We are going on the Dream in 3 weeks. Haven't seen those horrible reviews you are talking about. A few negatives, but what Cruise is perfect?

I have been pleased at the reviews the last few months. Hope you have a great experience.

hey paul. enjoy your cruise. please post all that you can. i only booked this a coupla days ago on the quick and now all i'm seeing are horrible reviews -- both here and on the CCL site -- rocking; listing; unhappy crew; disorganized/disinterested crew; bad flow in lido restaurant, etc.

usually the bad reviews are tempered with good ones, and i can weed out what, to me, might be nonsense. but so far, the bad reviews on dream are dominating.

hoping you bring good news.:)

Not to worry....I've got nothing but horrible reviews on several ships right before I cruised and those seemed like turn out the best....lol.....so not to worry...My Dream Team boards her on the 24th....we'll let ya know.;)

However...PAUL..I'll believe your opinion....lol.....Have fun!:D

Not to worry....I've got nothing but horrible reviews on several ships right before I cruised and those seemed like turn out the best....lol.....so not to worry...My Dream Team boards her on the 24th....we'll let ya know.;)

LOL That's right Paul you have the next 6 days to whip the crew into shape and warn them that Randy's Dream Team will be arriving soon LOL This could easily translate to just make sure all the bars are well stocked and the bartenders are fully prepared for the challenge ahead lol Don't worry if you can't get to all of them this week Paul there are a few team members that are boarding the week before and will help carry out the mission LOL

Did I leave anything out Randy? LOL

hey, randy. long time, no see. i forgot you guys were doing this in a coupla weeks. i actually looked at that sailing w/o remembering this, but the dates didnt work for me. that wlda been funny bc this was booked by me on the total "fly" a coupla days ago (i haven't cruised since august and am having withdrawls, lol)

have a great time. i'll be anxious to read your collaborative review. try to get it on before i fly out on 5/7, lol.:p;):)

Paul and familly have a wonderful cruise! I am soooooooooooo looking forward to your detailed review and all the pictures.

We're doing the Dream in October, western, deck 6 forward, inside cabin, unless we come into to some extra funds and can upgrade later. We'll miss the balcony but are just thrilled to be cruising this year.

HAVE FUN!!!!

Looking forward to your review...Wondering what the Coast Guard usually does for inspections????

How is the aft wrap "privacy" as opposed to others....thanks.

Looking forward to the usual info from crowds, movement of ship and smells if any.

Enjoy your fabulous view:D

Good afternoon everyone!

Thank you all for your kind comments and Bon Voyage wishes.

Yes, the boys are sailing with us, or should I say we are sailing with them? ;)

Still haven't smelled the sewer smells.

The Lanai Barbeque is right below the boys balcony (6431) and it looks and smells awesome! The line is long, but seems like it's moving fast. Yes I got pics!

This ship does have lines that are longer than any I have ever seen. So far I've not been a participant in any of the long lines and I plan to avoid them. :D

Today is a day at sea and Karen and I spent about an hour walking around Lido and decks above as well as around the slides looking for chairs; plenty of chairs, but all are either occupied or chair hogged. :o Glad we have our own! The Lanai below our cabin (6479) has also become a sun deck in the past hour. I also have pics of the deck chairs.

Our balcony was covered with soot this morning, but our steward scrubbed it from top to bottom and outside the glass. Got pics of that too! :D

We had a great server last night at dinner; 'Zorro' is the name he goes by. He's been with Carnival for 14 years and remembered us from Liberty in '06. We plan to ask for him each evening.

All of the crew we have encountered has been very friendly. Nothing but great service. We purchased the couples spa pass for the week and tried everything out yesterday evening. Very relaxing! Can't wait to go back this evening.

The decor so far reminds me of Carnival Destiny. Still trying to decide how to best describe it.

Tomorrow we'll be in Cozumel which means we'll be going to Paradise Beach. I'll try and update from their as well.

Looking forward to your review...Wondering what the Coast Guard usually does for inspections????

How is the aft wrap "privacy" as opposed to others....thanks.

Looking forward to the usual info from crowds, movement of ship and smells if any.

Enjoy your fabulous view:D

luv2gonow,

I don't think the CG boarded for an inspection because they weren't on board for long. My guess is they removed someone either ill or in a bad mood. I did see a few people who were unhappy yesterday and they really would have been better off swimming to shore or riding with the CG. One guy was fuming mad over a promise by his TA. He shoved his cell in the pursor's face for them to speak to them. The pursor was very professional in introducing herself and explaining that the guest's demands were not going to be met because the service was not available.

One other passenger just down the hall from us had a visit from Housekeeping manager. The man came into the hall and complained that there was dust everywhere and fingerprints on his mirrors. The manager looked around then came back into the hall and asked the guest to clarify where the dust was. The guest said it was on the ceiling fan in the bathroom. I looked and we don't have a celing fan or a vent with fan blades or dust in our bathroom ceiling. Same steward and I can vouch for him working his butt off. The manager commented that the fingerprints must have faded because they were gone now. The guest stated they seem to come and go. :eek:

Paul and familly have a wonderful cruise! I am soooooooooooo looking forward to your detailed review and all the pictures.

We're doing the Dream in October, western, deck 6 forward, inside cabin, unless we come into to some extra funds and can upgrade later. We'll miss the balcony but are just thrilled to be cruising this year.

HAVE FUN!!!!

poptart,

Watch for price drops and fill out those ES forms! Worked quite well for us.

However...PAUL..I'll believe your opinion....lol.....Have fun!

Randy,

I have no doubt you will love the decks of this ship. She's got a lot more partying atmosphere on Lido and other top decks than any other ship I've been on. You know how some ships have a place or two that is nice for groups? This one has too many to count and all are jumping today!

I do believe she would flow better with 1000 fewer passengers on board, but this is just the first full day so I can't draw that conclusion yet. ;)

Paul...have a Happy Easter Dreamin'...And a margarita for me at PB tomorrow; they're best at 10:30AM :) Hope those two you met last year aren't still sitting there.:D We're under seven weeks to our second boarding. WooHoo.

If you don't mind sharing, what is the cost of the couples spa pass for the week?

I have read that Carnival limits the amount of passes sold and you can only purchase when on board ship not pre cruise.

From what I have also read couples pass means you can share the same sauna unlike other Carnival ships.

This is a new feature we are very interested in.

Thanks.

How is the weather?

Archived