On the Big O- Oh MY!!

VikeQn2

Help!! Has anyone done an AI day pass in Manizillo? We have been re-routed! As of yesterday HAL is no longer going to Mazatlan!!! Today we were in Cabo - tomorrow PV and then off to Manizillo! Any suggestions??? We were late into cabo taday as the Captain mis- calucated the currents!!! HELP!!

Help!! Has anyone done an AI day pass in Manizillo? We have been re-routed! As of yesterday HAL is no longer going to Mazatlan!!! Today we were in Cabo - tomorrow PV and then off to Manizillo! Any suggestions??? We were late into cabo taday as the Captain mis- calucated the currents!!! HELP!!

Are they offering an AI day pass to an all inclusive resort in Manzanillo? Is that what you mean? If that is the case I assume it is to a resort that has all the food, liquor, beach, activities, all included. Depends on if that is what you want to do. Or do they mean an all inclusive tour of Manzanillo?

It's be several years since I was there but it is a cute little town, the beach we were at had a strong current so we spent most of the time at the pool. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question a lot better than I did!

Cruise Critic...

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=4332

(5:10 p.m. EST) -- Disney Cruise Line has confirmed that Disney Wonder will stop calling on Mazatlan during its seven-night Mexican Riviera sailings until further notice. The ship will instead spend an additional day in Cabo San Lucas.

"The decision to modify our Mexican itineraries was made in part due to the changing environment in Mazatlan and our continued focus on making the safety of our guests a top priority," said Disney spokeswoman Christi Erwin Donnan.

The line, however, declined to explain what it means by "changing environment." (One note: The Cabo call is not an overnight. Like Carnival Spirit, which also calls for consecutive days in Cabo, Wonder will depart at night on the first day, head to sea, and return the next morning for the second day.)

Just last week, a 68-year-old man from British Columbia who was visiting Mazatlan was shot in the leg during an alleged gang shooting on January 17. And a string of other cruise lines -- including Royal Caribbean, Norwegian Cruise Line and Carnival -- have announced departures from the region, citing decreased demand, possibly due to health and security concerns.

Upon discovering the itinerary change, a number of Cruise Critic members took to the boards with mixed feelings.

RVD noted that "my itinerary changed on my cruise (leaving in 2 days). Kind of weird ... I was sort of looking forward to going to Stone Island." And Sea Hag, booked on an upcoming cruise, noted that not only had she not received word from Disney, but "I logged in at Disney's Web site and my itinerary still shows Mazatlan."

We did one at Las Hadas two years ago. There is another one that is more modern, larger, and has a great beach but we chose Las Hadas. Great pool, interesting resort. We paid 300 peso, or $10. Watch the cab drivers...it should be an $8-10 ride each way.

You might want to check the Mexican Riviera forum.

Interesting, they have not changed the website yet. We are going in April, so let us know how it goes!

OP

Any time we have had itinerary changes -- even on short notices -- wse have received in our mailboxes a list of tours that HAL was able to set up. And the shore excursion office was open for a few hours that evening to get everything ready for the next day.

May be too late -- but you should have gotten that list and/or could have gone to the shore excursion people and asked about hotels with any kind of a package.

"No longer going to Mazatlan" - Really? Forever....

I am so sorry to hear that. Going back to Mazatlan would be a main reason we would to take this route over and over again as Westcoasters. We liked Mazatlan the best of our Oosterdam Mexican Riviera cruise.. Wonder if this is only temporary to see if things calm down and the recent negative "tourist" publicity dies down. Or was that recent unfortunate incident the start of more drug wars in retaliation.

Sorry internet is expensive - no more Mazatlan due to increasing viloance. No time to spell! They gave us a list of 7 shore excursions - NO AI resorts! I was looking for another option! I will file a full report when I get home. We are taking a 6 1/2 hour shopping beach excursion as I have no time to research! We are also arrving late in to PV.

OP is already on the Oosterdam -- doesn't have the time or means to research or contact hotels directly.

:confused: They had time to log onto cruisecritic and check back for replies...

Anyway, there's been a misunderstanding....I asked the OP what he/she meant by "AI". The response came with an exclamation mark, so I apologized for not understanding their original post which asked for help, and offered that I had made similar arrangements directly with the hotel. What I did not include (as it didn't seem necessary) was that I made the arrangements with the hotel before the cruise. This was before ships had internet service.

We did one at Las Hadas two years ago. There is another one that is more modern, larger, and has a great beach but we chose Las Hadas. Great pool, interesting resort. We paid 300 peso, or $10. Watch the cab drivers...it should be an $8-10 ride each way.

You might want to check the Mexican Riviera forum.

Wow - that is SOME exchange rate!:D:eek:

This is probably too late but we went to Las Hadas a couple of years ago when we were on the Spirit and it was pretty good. It is not all-inclusive, but we paid 385 pesos each (at that time it was $35US) and that includes use of pool and towels and you get coupons to buy food and drink. So, you essentially get your money back in food and drink. (You have to spend it all though as they don't give cash back). We had good cocktails, cervezas and very good guacamole and chips. We took a taxi from the ship and it was approx. $10US or 100 pesos (as cabbies in Mexico almost always do 10 to 1.) This is fairly popular with the ship's crew (as in "cruise staff").

We also went to The Oasis (I am pretty sure that that was the name of it) another time. This is a nice beachfront restaurant/bar with beach access. You can use their beach and umbrellas if you eat something. It is a la carte pricing - fairly reasonable, but not super cheap. It is run by an American guy. The ship's crew hangs out here as well.

Don't know where they would take you on that shopping excursion as downtown Manzanillo is like a ghost town to me - lol. I am a shopaholic and was very disappointing in their "shopping".

Maybe it is not too late to cancel your excursion?:)

Have fun!

Canuck

...sorry, that was 300 peso or $30. (not $10). Our experience was the same at Las Hadas. We were on the Spirit and did noticed that several crew members were there. Would we go back..yes. We often go to AI's in Cuba and Mexico so an AI did not have all that much attraction for us. The food at Las Hadas was very good. We had leftover food/drink tokens when we left. We would go back here again. We are not big shoppers so the shopping tours would be of no interest to us. I suspect that it would be the usual touristy tat.

...sorry, that was 300 peso or $30. (not $10).

That's okay - I just thought it was funny!

Lorekauf - there is also the Karmina Palace resort (I am pretty sure that it is a Barcelo property) - it is close to Las Hadas and much glitzier, more action. I remember researching and I am pretty sure that they had a day pass but can't remember how much. We "might" be going to Manzanillo in April on the Odam if they still are not going to Maz, so we might look into that option ourselves.

Canuck

That's okay - I just thought it was funny!

Lorekauf - there is also the Karmina Palace resort (I am pretty sure that it is a Barcelo property) - it is close to Las Hadas and much glitzier, more action. I remember researching and I am pretty sure that they had a day pass but can't remember how much. We "might" be going to Manzanillo in April on the Odam if they still are not going to Maz, so we might look into that option ourselves.

Canuck

Thx for the info:).

We were in Manzanillo in November and we did Las Hadas. It's about a 20-25 minute cab ride from the pier. Some cruise critic friends also went and arrived before us. They all paid $30 per person and were each given $30 in vouchers for food and drink. However when we arrived they let us in no charge and we just paid for what we ordered. The food and drinks there weren't cheap though. We got a pizza, 2 sodas and 2 beers and it was about $30. Beautiful place though. Great pool.

MANZANILLO all inclusive resort OPTIONS... TRY KARMINA PALACE FOR ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT

http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels...inaPalace/Home

SHOULD BE A $10-$15 CAB RIDE...YOU CAN GET A MASSAGE THERE TOO AND THEY HAVE BEAUTIFUL RESTAURANT ON GROUND OVERLOOKING THE OCEAN...

ALSO, YOU CAN WALK to LAS HADAS from Karmina Palace by walking along the ocean walk...there is a nice restaurant called Delfines on the walk (this was used in the movie "10")

las hadas also charges about $25-30 per person for day use there...

hope this helps....

HERE IS PIC OF WALKWAY

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/296...66043953noVHcq

Oh man, it's not just the skipping Mazatlan that concerns me... but moving the Cabo port day as well!:confused:

That would COMPLETELY screw up my excursions if I don't book with the ship..... HAL better fess up and let the rest of us know if this change will stick or not. I don't like surprises, and my cruise is just a couple weeks away!

Oh man, it's not just the skipping Mazatlan that concerns me... but moving the Cabo port day as well!:confused:

That would COMPLETELY screw up my excursions if I don't book with the ship..... HAL better fess up and let the rest of us know if this change will stick or not. I don't like surprises, and my cruise is just a couple weeks away!

Don't hold your breath for that info to come early. One my cruise in Oct. it took them forever to admit they wouldn't be going to Falmouth, Jamiaca. The port wasn't ready....so how could they go there?

Take a cab to the Tesoro Resort. AI for $41US per person. Just got that information from their Facebook site today. Includes all drinks, food, and facilities until 5pm.

That is where we are going in April on the Wonder. Looks like a beautiful resort with nice pools and nice beach protected by a peninsula.

Good luck!

Archived