HELLO from onboard the Dawn Princess

i'm on the Dawn Princess also and Helen said we had a good roll up at our CC meeting

i spoke to the Princess Rep about the FCCL and from now on we have to pay $100 pp by credit card to get a FCCL which still goes for 4 years and still getting the same benefits and its supposed to be even better for us

bob

The old arrangement was it was free and you got reduced deposit and On Board Credit for booked future cruise as long as FCC used within a set time period.

If they are now charging $ 100 for the FCC the benefits will be the same, but in effect you would be paying $ 100 towards a future deposit . The only downside is that if one does not book a future cruise within the time period then you would forgo the $ 100 paid .

If the above is not the new arrangement then who is going to pay $ 100 for a piece of paper that gives them nothing above the former arrangement ?

The old arrangement was it was free and you got reduced deposit and On Board Credit for booked future cruise as long as FCC used within a set time period.

If they are now charging $ 100 for the FCC the benefits will be the same, but in effect you would be paying $ 100 towards a future deposit . The only downside is that if one does not book a future cruise within the time period then you would forgo the $ 100 paid .

If the above is not the new arrangement then who is going to pay $ 100 for a piece of paper that gives them nothing above the former arrangement ?

If its the same as the US FCC, you get the $100 refunded if you dont use it within 4 years. I just hope they have the same change policy as the US, where you can transfer to another cruise, without any penalties.

The other benefit is that you only pay the $100 and that is your whole deposit.Some Ausiie TA's want 750.00 pp deposit, if you dont have a FFC

Cheers

Tanya

Hey Bob and Helen.... hope you are looking after our buddies for us...

Tell Lesley that I am jealous of her dirty banana!! also ask her if it was powdered banana's :p she'll know what I mean ...

I am confused about the FCCL.... it was free before now you pay $100.... does the $100 come off the fare of the next cruise...

Tell Lesley that I am jealous of her dirty banana!! also ask her if it was powdered banana's :p she'll know what I mean ...

I am confused about the FCCL.... it was free before now you pay $100.... does the $100 come off the fare of the next cruise...

The $100 deposit becomes your deposit on your next cruise (same as on P & O), so yes, it comes off the cruise fare. The passenger also gets an OBC and benefits such as being able to change the booking to another cruise without penalty. With the new arrangement for the Princess FCCL, it will probably be the same as the one in the US. I notice that a lot of the US cruisers buy multiple FCCLs so they must feel it is a good deal. The $100 pp is refundable if you don't use it within four years.

i'm on the Dawn Princess also and Helen said we had a good roll up at our CC meeting

i spoke to the Princess Rep about the FCCL and from now on we have to pay $100 pp by credit card to get a FCCL which still goes for 4 years and still getting the same benefits and its supposed to be even better for us

bob

Hello Bob,

Wow you are on The Dawn Princess again! And what a fabulous itenary.

Wishing a fantastic trip for you and Kay.

Greetings from the Waihekean. Yeah:cool:

Was with Lesley when she was drinking her Dirty banana and she said it had lumps so I sure hope it was real not powdered.

Plan on inquiring extensively about the FCC

with the FCCL you pay the $100 pp and thats your deposit up to the 46 day cruise and you pay no more deposit and we still get the same benefits

the only thing princess gets to keep your $100 deposit until you book a cruise and if its not used after 4 years its fully refundale

with the mini & world cruise you pay the normal deposit

yes we had a good day in Tonga, weather was great and we had 35 people on our private tour and we had 4 vechicles....even picked up our duty free supplies at the dock when we got back from our tour

Had a brilliant day today, was part of tour with Bob, would have loved more time in the water though. It was terrific.

Looking forward to Vava'u. Six of us doing a tour organised by Wombat50. Snorkelling this time. Yay. The weather is supposed to be nice and humid for us. Making the most of anything that comes our way, good weather or bad.

Ha!! that Ross ( wombat50) sent me a picture of his lobster in vava'u grrrr.... he knows how much I love lobster !!

Hate to tell you Jo that there was more lobster than the 6 of them that ate it could handle.I do not eat it, but it was wonderful watching them eat all they could handle. Then we went for a swim and snorkel. Not much to see on the snorkelling side of it , but the water was beautiful. We all had a great day.

Hi Helen,

Let me know if the water is perfect for snorkelling. Is Apia near Vava'u?

Good to hear all's going well.

The water is clear but there was not a lot of live coral where we were but enjoyed it all the same. Apia is our next stop after a sea day.

Get this thursday in Vavau, Friday in Apia but we get a sea day in between. This week has 2 thursdays. That international dateline is a strange beast.

I found Helen and Tony's blogspot too...thanks for the link. It's in my favourites now.

We also find that MRD dining is less popular these days...horizon court buffet is getting a good share of diners. The sweeties bar up there is definitely a sight for those with sweet teeth....yummo.

Archived