Is Princess going to do anything about the sewage smell on the Crown?

NJRonbo

Wow!

Reading these reviews, one-by-one, there is mention of a sewage smell aboard The Crown.

Been reading these comments for the past few weeks. It appears Princess hasn't done anything about it.

I'll be sailing her in about a week. Thinking of writing the parent company and questioning why this problem persists.

Wow!

Reading these reviews, one-by-one, there is mention of a sewage smell aboard The Crown.

Been reading these comments for the past few weeks. It appears Princess hasn't done anything about it.

I'll be sailing her in about a week. Thinking of writing the parent company and questioning why this problem persists.

Why don't you wait until after your cruise. Maybe you won't smell anything.

A few weeks ago on the Emerald, there was a persistent sewage odor in the passageway on the Caribe deck in the area of the 500's starboard. It was present every day of my 10 day cruise. I often wondered if it was also smelly inside the cabins in that area.

Fortunately, my cabin was in the 700s, and there was no unpleasant odor back there.

A few weeks ago on the Emerald, there was a persistent sewage odor in the passageway on the Caribe deck in the area of the 500's starboard. It was present every day of my 10 day cruise. I often wondered if it was also smelly inside the cabins in that area.

Fortunately, my cabin was in the 700s, and there was no unpleasant odor back there.

It was there on the Port Side too - in the 500's - D deck. (18 March 11 cruise). Luckily not present at the aft!:D

We noticed it everytime we walked forward down the corridor. Not pleasant, seems a common problem on most of the ships.

Glenda

Two weeks ago, I was in the same section of the Emerald and there was no odor at all. I guess it was a temporary thing.

So far, in my six cruises with Princess, I have never had a problem with sewage odor.

Hi, just off the crown on saturday 4/16. I did not notice anything particularly out of the ordinary in terms of sewage smell.... A few random times I noticed an odor, but nothing that would be alarming or stayed long. ... On another note, we did have to have our stateroom changed due to air conditioning not working properly. ... other than AC, did not see any problems on the crown.

While on Star in 2009 there were persistent odours for the first few days

out of Sydney.

The Chief Eng came to investigate after numerous complaints on Dolphin Deck . He indicated sometimes there will be a vapour lock in the system. Accordingly, he ordered a flush of the entire system in that block of the vessel where the problem persisted and ALAKAZAM!!! it disappeared.

These matters do happen and can be corrected by the ship's Engineering staff. I imagine the condition was merely a temporary thing.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived