2 TBA Carnival Ships coming to Australia 2013/2014

Hi guys, im new here but i was just having a look at the Sydney cruise schedule and since its been last updated two ships have been added, named TBA and TBA2, It doesnt really say anything other than their part of Carnival Australia, i dont know if that includes p&o or any other Carnival company but im really curios to see what it is:

- the first TBA comes in on 30th of October 2013

- TBA2 comes in on 3rd of July, 2014

- They are both based at OPT (meaning probably to big to fit under bridge)

- Both are based year round

It seems weird that there would be two coming around the same time, anyway im curious to know what you guys think so.... thanks

Hi guys, im new here but i was just having a look at the Sydney cruise schedule and since its been last updated two ships have been added, named TBA and TBA2, It doesnt really say anything other than their part of Carnival Australia, i dont know if that includes p&o or any other Carnival company but im really curios to see what it is:

- the first TBA comes in on 30th of October 2013

- TBA2 comes in on 3rd of July, 2014

- They are both based at OPT (meaning probably to big to fit under bridge)

- Both are based year round

It seems weird that there would be two coming around the same time, anyway im curious to know what you guys think so.... thanks

Who cares what they are? I know that they will be very welcomed here whatever they are.

Bring on all the new ships I say.:)

Keep in mind just like cruisers can cancel their bookings, these bookings may also be cancelled. They're just getting in early to have the slot if they need it, but it doesn't always lead to the booking being taken up.

Well spotted CroNich, it looks very weird to me too!

TBA looks to me like a new ship, it arrives at the right time and does the two nighter they usually do when a new ship arrives. But things get very strange when TBA2 arrives, for some periods there are no P&O ships at all, making it look like P&O is Carnival Australia, but then later on there are P&O ships again so I have no idea! Wait and see I guess but nothing surprises me any more, the ships we are getting are amazing. I think the only thing that would surprise me is Oasis or Allure of the Seas sailing through the heads!

I wonder if we could be seeing two new P&O boats with the same design as the New princess ones and P&O Uk one, it wouldnt surprise me because carnival seem to enjoy sharing designs around

Keep in mind just like cruisers can cancel their bookings, these bookings may also be canceled. They're just getting in early to have the slot if they need it, but it doesn't always lead to the booking being taken up.

I fully understand that , but just to add. Our TA, who had worked with a cruise line a few years ago, told us that those bookings are not made lightly. A substantial ,non refundable deposit must be paid to the port, to reserve that berth for them. If they cancel out, or miss the port, eg weather or breakdown, they forfeit that hefty deposit.

Agreed, no tyre kickers. However, with Sydney Harbour where there are limited berths, coming second best with Athol Buoy and tendering is a significant downside.

Too right...

The more you think about it , and start to realise the size of the ships that will be coming ,

the more it looks like a designated multi purpose cruise facility , at Botany Bay ,could very well be on the cards.

• 2 weeks later...

They've must of updated it again,

theres no TBA2 this time, but still the Carnival Spirit and TBA1.

It probually means it wont be a new ship, i was hoping for 2 large P&O ships for the domestic market.

I wonder what it would be, I hope its the Magic, or Breeze, but thats highly unlikely, however it could be possible as the voyager is coming to Australia

Anne Sherry CEO Carnival Australia let drop at some Industry talkfest recently about an extra Princess vessel full time from 2013 and that fits with Sea Princess staying here much later into 2013 and no schedule (so far) for its return to San Francisco in mid 2013. Sherry also said something about another vessel from 2014 but did not mention the line. Increased vessels here she said because of huge growth record, and even greater potential.

Makes one wonder why Star Cruises or partner Norwegian Cruiselines are not operating out of Australia at all ?

Anne Sherry CEO Carnival Australia let drop at some Industry talkfest recently about an extra Princess vessel full time from 2013 and that fits with Sea Princess staying here much later into 2013 and no schedule (so far) for its return to San Francisco in mid 2013. Sherry also said something about another vessel from 2014 but did not mention the line. Increased vessels here she said because of huge growth record, and even greater potential.

Makes one wonder why Star Cruises or partner Norwegian Cruiselines are not operating out of Australia at all ?

Wow! thats interesting, i wonder what princess ship will be here full time, i'd like to see the island or coral princess, but wouldnt object to a bigger boat either, as long as it got to go to the south pacific.

Is MSC run by Carnival, if it is, i wouldnt be surprised if we got one of them as well, i here their service isnt very good but their boats are really nice.

As for star cruises (norwegian), i definetly see them bring over a boat for the 2013/14. I think it will be the pearl or spirit (because they are based in Alaska over our winter.) It would also be cool if we got the disney wonder over here in the summer.

Is MSC run by Carnival, if it is, i wouldnt be surprised if we got one of them as well, i here their service isnt very good but their boats are really nice.

No, MSC is a privately owned cruise company.

I was told they intend to come to Australia, but that they were going to Asia first.

(They are doing a charter from Freemantle to Civitavecchia(Rome) from March, 2015 for the 150th anniversary of Gallipoli.)

I have cruised twice with MSC on TAs and look forward to them coming to Australia, as I would happily cruise with them again.

No, MSC is a privately owned cruise company.

I was told they intend to come to Australia, but that they were going to Asia first.

They are doing a charter from Freemantle for 150th anniversary of Gallipoli.

Yeah that makes sense, they have an Australian website (as do many companies), but i would love to see them come

MSC would be a good fit for Australian waters, especially if they keep their "kids cruise free" policy.:D

Check out MSC Poesia. Before anyone jumps at me , "No I am not saying that this ship is coming" . Just let me dream of purple theatres and red rooms.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=msc+poesia+images&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-au:IE-SearchBox&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=S3gfTpa3MqjUmAXorujNAw&ved=0CCUQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=671

1984737540_MSCPoesiatheatre.jpg.1d9fc2778332616d6ed22b98f5d275de.jpg

Check out MSC Poesia. Before anyone jumps at me , "No I am not saying that this ship is coming" . Just let me dream of purple theatres and red rooms.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=msc+poesia+images&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-au:IE-SearchBox&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=S3gfTpa3MqjUmAXorujNAw&ved=0CCUQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=671

MSC Poesia is a really beautiful, spotless ship, which receives a 100% cleanliness rating.

The wife of the owner does the decor and Sophia Loren is the Godmother for all MSC ships.

Enjoy your dream.

When we cruised on her, she had 2 for the price of 1 offers on trans atlantic cruises, with children, in the same cabin, free (plus port charges).

I have always said that MSC could easily do a "season" down here, just like Princess do with Diamond.

With the Italian connections in Australia, there would be a great demand for a relocation cruise from Italy, then a season down before returning to the Med.

I have always said that MSC could easily do a "season" down here, just like Princess do with Diamond.

With the Italian connections in Australia, there would be a great demand for a relocation cruise from Italy, then a season down before returning to the Med.

I agree.

I must admit I thought it would be sooner (comment on the ship), however talking with an Australian rep., I got the impression that they were still coming, but had their hands full developing Asia first.

I was told that, when they come down, it will be via Med and SEAsia (not South Pacific).

BTW Ann, they still have the 2 for the price of 1 offers across TA.

(2 adults in one twin inside cabin is $2358, plus 2 children free, for 16 days on MSC Poesia from Ft Lauderdale to Genoa.)

As you say, roll on the competition!

They're a bit small for the operation - it's stretching their current fleet and means more costs to establish themselves when there are stronger competitors.

Star have the sister to Superstar Aquarius sitting in Singapore looking for something to do .

As for NCL they are the only major US line not operating in Australian waters and NCL hardly have a small fleet . Norwegian Spirit (as former SS LEO) would be ideal for Australia . Both SS LEO & SS VIRGO as sisters have previously operated in Australian waters for Star Cruises in the early 2000's.

I didn't say they have a small fleet, but that it was stretching them. They also don't have as large a fleet as competitors, and it's much harder to compete against larger competitors, particularly as they don't have any established business operations here; everything has to be started from scratch.

When they have more capacity, they could devote more resources, but it takes a lot of effort to establish a company and with the size of the fleet and competitors, there are easier areas for them to operate in.

Archived