What Wines and Champagnes are served On Board the Legend?

HAL4ME

The general selection of wines that are offered are pretty good and i am sure that you will find something that agrees with you.

Saying that,There are two extra cost packages that are available.The silver and gold selections.

I purchase online the gold selection on the Seabourn site and find that there are much better wines at a very good price.

I am a bit fussy when it comes to wine and I also purchase wines from the wine list.

Krug is available if you want it and many other NV and vintage Champagnes.

One wine that I like is Chateau Giscours which you can buy from the list but it is also in the gold package.

You will be pleased with the wines available whether you buy them or have the wines that are included in the price of your cruise.

The wines poured in the INCLUSIVE fare are universally low end whites and reds from Australia and Chile, sometimes Argentina, and rarely, some of the same low grade from California, Italy, Spain. These wines can be purchased in the USA at retail from between 4 to 7 dollars per bottle.

The inclusive champagne brand is Nicolas Feuillatte of french origin, which at promotion can be purchased in the USA for as low as $19.99 and if you buy six bottles, another 10% off.

As wine tastes are individual, I only posted the retail prices as an example of what the open market values these products.

The wines poured in the INCLUSIVE fare are universally low end whites and reds from Australia and Chile, sometimes Argentina, and rarely, some of the same low grade from California, Italy, Spain. These wines can be purchased in the USA at retail from between 4 to 7 dollars per bottle.

The inclusive champagne brand is Nicolas Feuillatte of french origin, which at promotion can be purchased in the USA for as low as $19.99 and if you buy six bottles, another 10% off.

As wine tastes are individual, I only posted the retail prices as an example of what the open market values these products.

I too love Krug Grande Cuvee, but obviously you are not going to get this included. The Nicolas Feuillatte is usually the champagne, and not to our taste, but I find a shot of peach schnapps or framboise or similar improves it no end! We find the lunch and dinner wines perfectly acceptable - they seem to me to be ones which retail in the UK from £5 to about £8, and include New Zealand Sauvignon blancs, and some Californians which we do not see in the UK. However, maybe we are easily satisfied.

Do note that if you do not like the wines offered initially you can without any hassle ask for something different; it is easiest to say 'have you got any Oz chardonnay/NZ sauv bl/ pinot grigio' whichever is your preference, and when you find some you like ask for them again. There should be several whites and reds to most people's choice. And there is a very good choice of vodkas, gins, etc. and reasonable single malt whiskies - about 4 on the included list. We have found Seabourn's drinks at least equal to Silversea and Regent over the years. Hiccup!:)

Belvedere vodka is also available, as well as Absolut (including a few of the flavors), Stoli and Smirnoff. I belive Ketel One was also available, but I'm not certain - will be glad to provide an update next month. Your minibar can be stocked with any of the above.

You might ask one of the bartenders to provide a side-by-side "blind tasting" for you to find out which brand you really prefer.

The general selection of wines that are offered are pretty good and i am sure that you will find something that agrees with you.

You will be pleased with the wines available whether you buy them or have the wines that are included in the price of your cruise.

Sadly, the wine quality has declined. We just returned from the Sojourn and the wines served (not from the packages) were medium priced supermarket wines. For example, a Milton Park shiraz. I had not been on SB for a couple of years and was disappointed. Perhaps they offer better wines in the small triplets??

Sadly, the wine quality has declined. We just returned from the Sojourn and the wines served (not from the packages) were medium priced supermarket wines. For example, a Milton Park shiraz. I had not been on SB for a couple of years and was disappointed. Perhaps they offer better wines in the small triplets??

God that sounds like "two buck chuck" at Trader Joes? $350+ per person a day and be served goat urine?..WOW!~:mad:

Not from what witnessed on the Legend. The wine stock is very much uniform across the fleet as the supplier and budget are most likely fixed by long term provisioning contracts.

>"God that sounds like "two buck chuck" at Trader Joes? $350+ per person a day and be served goat urine?..WOW!~"

SO is this the 'WOW" you are looking for and you are taking Seabourn out of your options?

>"God that sounds like "two buck chuck" at Trader Joes? $350+ per person a day and be served goat urine?..WOW!~"

SO is this the 'WOW" you are looking for and you are taking Seabourn out of your options?

Nope just making a statement!...is that allowed around here?:rolleyes:

God that sounds like "two buck chuck" at Trader Joes? $350+ per person a day and be served goat urine?..WOW!~:mad:

its more about performance than promise

sail on...

Saying that,There are two extra cost packages that are available.The silver and gold selections.

I purchase online the gold selection on the Seabourn site and find that there are much better wines at a very good price.

I am a bit fussy when it comes to wine and I also purchase wines from the wine list.

I looked on the Seabourn site, including logging into my account/booking, and could not find any information on this "gold" selection - can someone point me in the right direction. thanks.

As you have not been on Seabourn yet it is difficult for you to comment without knowledge.

The simple thing to do is to try the inclusive wines that are offered and decide whether any are up to your standards,if not then buy wines from the list like many others do.

Come on guys! How many of you will not forgo your favorite wine for free? IF..you are a true enthusiast..then..by all means..but an exclusive pkg. :p

There's no free lunch, and, alas, no free wine to wash it down with.;)

As you have not been on Seabourn yet it is difficult for you to comment without knowledge.

The simple thing to do is to try the inclusive wines that are offered and decide whether any are up to your standards,if not then buy wines from the list like many others do.

Please refrain from misquoting myself and others on here!:rolleyes:

Please refrain from misquoting myself and others on here!:rolleyes:

This is what I posted above!

"The Nicolas Feuillatte is usually the champagne, and not to our taste, but I find a shot of peach schnapps or framboise or similar improves it no end!"

Once upon a time, i.e., some 3-4 years ago, I couldn't have agreed with you more about this Champagne, and, especially, I agree with how you'd rectify it! But, no more.

It is now a Top Drop: the dryness has gone: the flavour is superb: and if I now saw a half-full bottle held by a waiter across a crowded room I'd be somewhat casual about how I quickly made my way to it... Check it on the Net if you doubt.

In fact, I'd be suprised if it's still stocked on the ships: and it is no longer a cheapie: and Silversea don't have it anymore.

And I totally agree with the others: go for the Wine List anyway. On the last Silverseas cruise they had Mumm Rose 2000 for $55 and Roederer NV for $45: and you get this served to you in great style and so that everyone around you knows you're a Big Spender and admires you accordingly: and all by a Sommelier! Wot Fun.

Alipius - Thanks for that info. I have to admit I have not tried the Feuillatte recently on its own; it was still the champagne provided on Sojourn in May this year. If it is there next time I will give it a try -only me, husband does not like champagne at all!

Krug is available if you want it and many other NV and vintage Champagnes.

One wine that I like is Chateau Giscours which you can buy from the list but it is also in the gold package.

Lord: I have a question on how the Vintage program is administered. I thought about doing it on my two previous trips but thought I would wait until I was on board. I was handed a wine list when I requested it, and I ordered a bottle a few nights that showed up on my bill. If you have purchased on line, do they have a seperate list? Do they just deduct the seperately ordered wines from the prepaid amount? I seem to remember that the gold package was about $90/ bottle. Some of the selections were priced a little above or below that. How does that work? In the past I thought the included wines were a little better than the $4 to $7 range that someone had suggested. For example, they usually seem to have Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio. That is widely available and usually priced around $20.

Archived