Charge for Princess Room Service

I have just noticed on my new 2012 World cruises brochure that Princess are going to charge for room service. I phoned them and they confirmed that this will be the case in 2012. Wonder when it will all stop with them.:mad:

I think only on the 'Aussie based' Princess ships, Sun Princess and Dawn Princess. Probably because no more auto tips, they have to pay the staff somehow. I doubt any room service charge will be applied to the 'American Princess ships.' they would revolt.

As Sgt Schultz said..'Very Interesting.!'

On MSC, room service was free, so in the wee hours of every morning, I used to get a cup of hot tea (with milk to have with a box of cereal taken from the previous day's breakfast).

This was delivered most days by the same person, with a smile, even though I didn't tip, as I didn't think it was expected.

(However, I did tip the daily amount recommended by the cruise line.)

I wouldn't pay for room service, as a matter of principle.

So are you saying no Tipping on the austrialian Cruises??

Sun Princess/Dawn Princess operating out of Australia, now no auto tips, i.e. $10.50 per pp per day. Up to you who you tip. I still say fares have gone up to compensate.

Just wondering - does the no auto tipping also apply to the Sea Princess while it is based there for a few months?

the Sea Princess should be tip free whilst its here in Australia for us aussies but not sure about the overseas passengers if they have to pay or not

The position is stated quite clearly by Princess :

- No tipping on SUN, DAWN Princess based in Australia .

- SEA Princess no tipping for cruises departing from and returning to Australian ports .

Therefore SEA Princess on placement to/from Australia normal Princess levy for tips would apply .

Archived