* Carnival VICTORY <3 Photos Photos & more Photos Review <3<3 *

Kubanita

Carnival Victory !!!!

I am extremely excited to FINALLY put together my review on my latest cruise on board the Victory.

A little bit of information about myself .. Cruise junkie/ Photography lover/ adventure seeker/ Travel Addicted. 24 years old and I live in sunny Miami Fl :cool:

This would be my 7th cruise ( lucky no.7 ) & 4th with Carnival.

Overall... I LOVED IT !!!!! This cruise, itinerary has definitely made it to my top favorite !!!!

Keeping in mind that there are already lots of reviews on the Victory, I will mostly share my pictures, and also give you lots of information on the excursions, since hubby and I definitely took advantage and did something DIFFERENT in every island ;)

Random Thoughts:

- Best Itinerary Carnival offers.

- Whoa very GREEN ship :eek:

- Different ambience when sailing off the caribbean ( lots of spanish speaking )

- Best crew ever! Room attendant (Fernando) greeted me with a smile and by my full name every single time.. never failed. so sweet

- Ice cream every night, no excuses!

- Comedy shows were AWESOME and always new material

- Wish I would of packed more beach, relaxed cloths as thats what you really need!!

- The week flew by quick.. but memories will be forever remembered.

Port by Port Excursions..

I will talk about my experience on each port, what we did and how we liked it... will try to give as much info. as possible.

Day 1 - Embarkation and Puerto Rico ( too much rain, no excursion )

Day 2 - St Thomas - Beach day at Magens Bay

Day 3 - Sea Day

Day 4 - Barbados - Silver Moon Catamaran - Private ( Highlight of the trip for me ) ;)

Day 5 - St Lucia - Land & Sea conv. ( with Carnival )

Day 6 - St Kitts - ATV Adventure ( with Carnival ) second best overall.

Day 7 - St Marteen - Private tour of the island and Maho Beach

Day 8 - Back to Miami.

Stay tunned :)

All photos taken with Iphone, Cannon D10 Water Camera & Nikon D3000 Professional camera. ( If you would like to know exactly which one I used for the photos ask me. )

scaled.php?server=411&filename=img2295eg.jpg&res=landing

Edited by Kubanita

looking forward to your review, I LOVE LOVE LOVE picture reviews!! can never get enough, even though we are doing different itinerary's :D hope you got some great shots of the ship....say maybe deck 9 at the bow.... that is where our inside cabin (with walkway window) is. :p

Edited by hockeyluver

Day 1: Embarkation / Puerto Rico & Extra Info:

We booked just 1 month before sailing date. Risky and crazy, but somehow it worked out. We flew with Spirit Airlines from Ft Lauderdale.. We got a good deal keeping in mind we live in Miami and Puerto Rico is not too far. I think initially this is why we then booked the cruise right away. I have been wanting to do this route for the longest time, having read so many great reviews.. and oh boy was I glad I did!

We decided to fly that same sunday in the morning, so we had a 10 am flight. The flight from Ft lauderdale to P.R. was a bit scary since it was raining and there were thunderstorms, It was about 2 hrs total. but anyhow I got over it quick as I thought about the rest of the week. ( still prayed to Jesus to let me land :eek: lol ) Flight back was much better.

Once we landed, we got our luggage quickly no problems at all.. then went right outside and took a taxi to the terminal. ( We did not have arrangements with carnival ) Taxi was a total of $23 for both. $19 for trip and $2 for each luggage. ( If you take more than one luggage then you know ) Keeping in mind that our flight was at 10 AM. we were at the cruise terminal around 2:24 P.M. Not bad. Took us about 10 min to be inside our room. NO KIDDING ! This was the easiest embarkation ever! And, since it was already late.. our room was ready :)

On our last cruise ( review in signature, bottom :) ) with Allure of the Seas, we booked a balcony cabin because we knew we had many sea days plus to enjoy everything that amazing ship offers. In this case, we went totally different. We booked an inside cabin. Saved ourselves the money for the excursions. I figured we would never be in the room and trust me... I was right! To my surprise.. the room was excellent. We had enough space to fit everything we needed and then some. it was cozy, great. No complaints.

We initially wanted to get back off in Puerto Rico to explore around ( I have visited before on a previous cruise and love it ) but the rain was coming on too strong.. plus we were exhausted from the waking up early, flying same day. So we decided to skip it and stay in. Walked around the ship to get to know it a bit better, and then went to dinner.

On the first night since sailing away was at 10 pm. you could go to dinner at whatever time dinning, ONLY on the first night. Food was excellent. We then enjoyed the sail away party and called it a night :)

Pictures to come of first day..

Flying Over Ft Lauderdale Florida.

img8169ah.jpg

img8171rr.jpg

img3251ua.jpg

Pouring in San Juan :(

img1941j.jpg

Port of San Juan.

I didnt take more pictures I think because I just wanted to get inside the ship already. and like I said this was a breeze. We were in within 10 minutes.

dsc0246mn.jpg

looking forward to your review, I LOVE LOVE LOVE picture reviews!! can never get enough, even though we are doing different itinerary's :D hope you got some great shots of the ship....say maybe deck 9 at the bow.... that is where our inside cabin (with walkway window) is. :p

hey there!!! aww thanks!! i also LOVE pic reviews thats why i decided what the heck lets do it !! lol. I have a few pictures of deck 9.. not sure round where...but i am sure you will still enjoy :)

We leave in 2.5 months.....looking forward to your review!! :)
wohoo!!! almost there!!!! You will love this cruise!

i'm looking forward to your review, especially what you thought of the ATV adventure as I have that booked for my September cruise.
Staye tunned. I have LOTSSSS of pics of the ENTIRE excusrion!!! ;)

subscribing!

This is my dream itinerary. I'm very interested in seeing what you did in Barbados :D

The Silver Moon Catamaran was awesome! stay tunned you will love the pics :)

I go on the Victory in August!!!!!!!!
WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Hi Beatriz!!! Nice to see another of your reviews!! :)

HEYYY..... I am so happy to see you...!!!! woho!!! Big smile !! :D

Thanks everyone again for your sweet words, any questions ask please.. I will definitely try my best to reply to all !!!

Continuing the review....

Edited by Kubanita

Day 2: St Thomas...

scaled.php?server=809&filename=img1992vp.jpg&res=landing

Woke up to a beautiful morning, finally some sunshine!!!! I have been to St Thomas before and I love it so much. One of my favorite islands. There is so much to do and great for shopping. Today we decided to go to Magens Bay. Really just wanted to take advantage of the weather and plus we love this beach.. so a relaxing day it was. We woke up had breakfast at Lido. took some pictures of the ship docked, and by 12:30 we were off to take a taxi to the beach. You can actually just book the excursion to Magens Bay and they have it to just take you to the beach, we took a taxi instead because wanted to go at our own time. taxi was $8 p/p plus $4 to get inside the beach area. The ride to the beach was pretty much like a rollercoster :eek: Hang on for your life !! lOl !! I have to say going up the mountains you get the most expectacular views!. Pictures really dont do justice. We stayed in Magens Bay till around 3:45 then took another taxi back to the ship.

We went to dinner around 6:00pm which was great. pictures to come.. and I have to mention i DID have the my time dinning.. since we are not very punctual. After dinner we went to the comedy show which was pretty funny.. and clubbing? No way.. too exhausted. haha.. :p