Connection time between EZE and Buenos Aires Port

funh2oguy

We are considering a 11AM departure out of EZE the morning we depart the ship. We have no idea of the distance from the port to the airport. Any feelings or experience on making such a connection. Thanks

It depends on what time your ship is scheduled to dock. BA is a large working commerical port, you have to take a shuttle to the terminal building, get your cases go thru admistrators, and oft times at this port there are several cruises ship disembarking pax. There are huge lines for taxis. The ride to the airport depending on traffic, and can easily take up to an hour or more. Then you have to check your cases, go thru security and immigrations and a second security check if going to some places. At the aiport in February it took us over well over two hours from check in lines to boarding area. My personal opp would be for a later flight if possible..

Yep, I'd go for later flight too. If you could get off at 7am (if you're lucky), the shuttle bus is at least 10 mins, find your bags, get out of the terminal find a cab etc could easily take 45 mins. They say its about 45 mins to EZE, but I would allow at least an hour. (We did EZE to city hotel posted as 35 mins, but took almost an hour due to traffic. You might want to try http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/eng for a pre booked taxi. We used them for EZE to city). Say a couple of hours for check in and security; thats got you to 1045. You might do it, but you have got no real leeway for problems,

Simon

Plan on one hour to the airport from the port. It might take you less time but you never know.

There are several checkpoints you go through at the airport for security and also you have to go on another separate line to pay for the departure tax. You want to get to the gate at least 2 1/2 hours prior to the flight to do all of this.

Contact the cruise line to see what is the earliest flight they advise booking but give yourself ample time.

The lines can be very long at the airport.

Keith

It depends on what time your ship is scheduled to dock. BA is a large working commerical port, you have to take a shuttle to the terminal building, get your cases go thru admistrators,

A quick question - since one must take a shuttle to the terminal building, is walking off with your luggage an option? Thanks!

A quick question - since one must take a shuttle to the terminal building, is walking off with your luggage an option? Thanks!

When we did BA - Valparaiso - FLL this year, obviously most people got off the 1st cruise at Val and you have the same problem there...terminal is at least a mile from the dock. I saw people doing a 'walk off', but obviously not so many people on each bus as they had to have luggage with them too. I'm sure BA would be the same. Also, the BA shuttle buses are like airport ones (lots of standing room, not so many seats) which makes it a bit easier.

To give you an idea at BA look at this map https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Av+Tom%C3%A1s+A.+Edison&daddr=Av+Pres.+Ram%C3%B3n+S.+Castillo&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=-34.578599,-58.37152&sspn=0.019575,0.037723&geocode=FeJj8P0dNz2F_A%3BFctM8P0duVeF_A&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=15&z=15

You can see a cruise ship at berth above the green A, the terminal is the green B.

Simon

When we did BA - Valparaiso - FLL this year, obviously most people got off the 1st cruise at Val and you have the same problem there...terminal is at least a mile from the dock. I saw people doing a 'walk off', but obviously not so many people on each bus as they had to have luggage with them too. I'm sure BA would be the same. Also, the BA shuttle buses are like airport ones (lots of standing room, not so many seats) which makes it a bit easier. Simon

Simon - thank you for the info and the great map - worth a thousand words!

• 3 years later...

This thread is a bit old, but hoping for some reassurance. Our flight is at 11:30 am. We are hoping to walk off the ship very early. We do overnight in BA, so don't have to worry about what time the ship gets into port. I assume we can arrange to walk off at 7am or even 6am? With our luggage..

Edited by sr4mjc

If you are overnighting, I can't see why you can't do an early walk off. Only problem I can see is they might not have the staff (immigation/customs) in the terminal very early. Maybe you can e mail the cruise line to see if they have any idea (though I wouldn't hold my breath!!).

Simon

Thanks so much! I assume others will be trying to leave early as well, and it's not an 8am flight or anything super unusual. I will speak to Guest Relations as soon as we board to make sure they know we have an early flight.

On our last disembarkation there we could not get off the ship until 7:00 even though we docked at 5:00.

We dock at 5am the prior morning though.

A few in our group are discussing a 12:45am flight (basically leave after dinner the evening before). If they depart early, we may leave as well and get a hotel near the airport. Any suggestions for something near?