Norwegian Breakaway will offer a true Ice Bar on board, which will be kept at 17 degrees Fahrenheit and will feature ice sculptures of the Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty and the Chrysler Building to pay homage to New York City, the ship’s year-round homeport. The Ice Bar will also feature New York City-inspired specialty cocktails.
Norwegian Breakaway’s Ice Bar is a unique artic-like frozen chamber, guaranteed to give everyone who enters the ultimate chill. The bar, seating and glasses will all be made entirely from ice. Located on deck eight, the Ice Bar will accommodate approximately 25 guests at a time who will be given hooded coats and gloves to keep warm, since the room’s temperature will not rise above 17 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Ice Bar will feature six New York City-Inspired Specialty Cocktails:
• Spiked Apple Juice: Vodka, sour apple schnapps, melon liqueur and a splash of fresh lemon sour;
• Broadway Dreams: Vodka and ice wine chilled straight;
• Yellow Cab: Vodka, peach schnapps and orange juice;
• Times Square Lights: Citron vodka, blue curacao and fresh lemon sour;
• Central Park: Citron vodka, ice wine, and lemon/lime soda;
• Rock Center: Ice wine, vodka, blue curacao and club soda.
The Ice Bar will also serve two non-alcoholic beverages – the Lady Liberty, made of strawberry puree, pineapple juice and lemon juice, and the Coney Island, with orange juice, vanilla ice cream and milk. All drinks are served in specially-created glasses made entirely of ice.