Paradise Point - Sky Ride, RCI Cancellation

kag19

My husband and I had booked the sky ride up to Paradise Point for our upcoming cruise through Royal Caribbean but I just received an email yesterday saying they had cancelled the excursion and will be refunding our money. No specific reason was given. Is this a case of the company not wanting to offer the excursion any longer or has there been a change at the Paradise Point end where the sky ride is no longer functional? Any input from recent visitors to St. Thomas would be appreciated! If this is something on Royal's end then we will just buy our tickets to the sky ride when we get there but I don't want to show up if it is no longer available.

Thanks in advance!

Is this a case of the company not wanting to offer the excursion any longer or has there been a change at the Paradise Point end where the sky ride is no longer functional?

I got the same e-mail yesterday. Figure I will just buy my ticket when I get there. Or I supposed it is possible that it's closed. :eek:

I was just going to stop there on my way back to the ship after a day at the beach so it won't make or break my fun, but it would be nice to know if it's closed.

The Tram is in a state of management transition and has been closed - along with the bar and shops up at the top - for the past few weeks. Hopefully things will get sorted out shortly, but right now no ETA for its' reopening. If you're just looking for a photo op, you can always drive up...good luck!

The Tram is in a state of management transition and has been closed - along with the bar and shops up at the top - for the past few weeks. Hopefully things will get sorted out shortly, but right now no ETA for its' reopening. If you're just looking for a photo op, you can always drive up...good luck!

Thank you for explaining. Hope that everything gets straightened out (we won't be there until August!). Jan

Thanks for the update!! We were hoping to take the tram up and have a drink or two and then take advantage of the gorgeous views for some photo ops. I guess we will just have to do with the gorgeous views when we are there in December. Oh well. Glad we know before we get there though. Thanks for the clarification USVIcruizer!

Thanks for the update. We will be on a cruise for New Year's and I would love to see it reopened. We have been there many times and to be honest it has become a part of our itinerary to go to Paradise Point with friends and have our annual bushwacker. Can't imagine goingto St Thomas and not doing that.

Any update as to when they may reopen the tram? We were hoping it would be available when we are there in Dec.

The Tram is up and running, but as I haven't been up since it resumed operation, not sure what facilities are open. Verrrrrrrrry long lines there this past Tuesday and Wednesday.

Thanks for the update. That's all we plan to do in St.Thomas plus some shopping so that is very good news. Waiting in line won't be too much of a problem.:)

The Tram is up and running, but as I haven't been up since it resumed operation, not sure what facilities are open. Verrrrrrrrry long lines there this past Tuesday and Wednesday.

Please let me know if the Paradise bushwackers are being made now. Will be there for New Years.

Thank you for the info!! Very much appreciated it as we were really looking forward to going up there. As long as the tram is open and the view is the same I will be happy!! :)

Archived