San Diego Zoo

Aruba

I was also going to respond that you need about twenty minutes to go from cruise terminal to the San Diego Zoo, assuming normal traffic. Also, the times we have been at the Zoo there has been a taxi stand with waiting taxis, so taxis are readily available for a return to the cruise terminal.

I was also going to respond that you need about twenty minutes to go from cruise terminal to the San Diego Zoo, assuming normal traffic. Also, the times we have been at the Zoo there has been a taxi stand with waiting taxis, so taxis are readily available for a return to the cruise terminal.

Thank you for your help. :)

It is only about 3 miles to the Zoo from the cruise ship terminal. If you can, get the cab driver to go through Balboa Park over the Laurel Street Bridge so you can see the rest of Balboa Park either on the way there or on the way back. They can take Grape from Harbor Drive to 6th to do this, or go up Laurel Street which crosses the bridge directly. If you want to see a little of the park too, have the driver drop you off in front of the San Diego Museum of Art and walk over to the Zoo (about a 1/4 mile) from there.

Great website thanks for the link. I wish every city had an estimator like that.

You're welcome! TaxiFareFinder actually covers most major U.S. cities. Just go to the upper right corner and type another city name there. I used to use them a lot when I was frequently traveling for business.

Also consider purchasing your zoo tickets on-line. Will save you having to wait in line to purchase tickets there. I recommend the package that includes both the guided bus tour, the Express bus and the SkyFari (cable car) ride: http://www.sandiegozoo.org/tickets/zootickets.html

Also check out memberships. They may actually be cheaper than single tickets, depending on the number in your party, esp. if you plan to be back in San Diego again any time soon.

http://donate.sandiegozoo.org/site/PageNavigator/MembershipBeneifitsLightboxes/MembershipBenefits

Archived