Carnival Breeze Cove Balcony Dividers

dadof2boys

Hey guys,

My family is going to be on the Breeze in August and we have booked two cove balconies next door to each other. Does anyone know if the balcony divider doors can be opened up on the coves?

Thanks

Joe

I think some of them can and some can't. We were on the Breeze last month and in a cove (2262). The first night I had to call guest services because the divider between our balcony and the one next door (2264) was not closed and was banging. They sent someone right away and it took just a minute to close it. So I know for sure that you can open the divider between these two rooms. I'm just not sure how to tell which other rooms have this capability.

We were in 2439 just last week. On one side is a partition that can be opened . The other side was the "safety door" that can be closed and locked from the outside in case of extreme weather or rough seas. That heavy steel door is the divider on one side of the balcony.

This is what was odd. Imagine this....standing in the cabin facing the balcony the adjoining room door was on the left wall of our room but the partition that can opened was on the right side of the balcony. Had we had friends in the cabin to our left we could not have opened the partition. I noticed that right away. Now that wasn't thought out well. But the rest of the Breeze was fabulous.

• 3 weeks later...
Check here to see if the cabins you have booked can have the partition opened. Click on "Stateroom Descriptions" on the left had side of the page. Then click on "Deck 2" and find you cabin numbers.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/Breeze/Breeze.ashx

Sharon

Thank you so much for the link. I have been looking for that info.

We were in 2439 just last week. On one side is a partition that can be opened . The other side was the "safety door" that can be closed and locked from the outside in case of extreme weather or rough seas. That heavy steel door is the divider on one side of the balcony.

This is what was odd. Imagine this....standing in the cabin facing the balcony the adjoining room door was on the left wall of our room but the partition that can opened was on the right side of the balcony. Had we had friends in the cabin to our left we could not have opened the partition. I noticed that right away. Now that wasn't thought out well. But the rest of the Breeze was fabulous.

This partition that is not able to be opened may be at the division of two fire zones. This was one of the things brought out by the Star Princess fire, was that the fire zone boundaries were not extended out onto the balconies, and this allowed the fire to spread from one zone to another.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This is by design.

If you have a "connecting room" door, it will be on the opposite side of the room as head of the bed so that you can open it.

Your balcony door will also be on the opposite side of the room as the head of the bed so that it is easier to get to.

That means that the heavy steel door will always be on the side of the balcony next to the balcony door so that it can cover the door in rough seas.

Put this all together and it means that you cannot have connecting cove rooms that also have connecting balconies. The heavy steel door will always be on the same side as the connecting room door.

The smaller balcony partition can be opened upon request, but that partition will always be on the opposite side of the connecting room door.