Is the syrup still nasty?

cruisinmeme

We sail in 10 days and was wondering if we should bring a little bottle of syrup. Just love those waffles in cagney's. My daughter and I were talking about how funny it was that we paid 1500.00 each for a cabin and bringing small 1.00 bottle of syrup. She said she plans to taste the nasty stuff after reading so much about it.

We sail in 10 days and was wondering if we should bring a little bottle of syrup. Just love those waffles in cagney's. My daughter and I were talking about how funny it was that we paid 1500.00 each for a cabin and bringing small 1.00 bottle of syrup. She said she plans to taste the nasty stuff after reading so much about it.

Bring your syrup with you, it will be needed.

There was a spirited thread recently about NCL's syrup but it appears to have been pulled.

Enjoy your cruise:)

We just went down and bought our syrup for the trip (bought an extra for the raffle too) but I honestly don't remember the syrup being that bad in Feb. this year... but it won't matter now... got the good stuff.

Enjoy your cruise, maple syrup or not. :D

I prefer pure maple syrup and I picked up a cute plastic bottle of syrup while in Canada that I use for cruises. And it's coming with me on the Gem tomorrow!

I had an unopened glass bottle of it a year or two ago in my suitcase and it got me sent to the naughty room! LOL

Edited by mizlorinj

Apparently, the syrup is nasty.

Here is a link to recent discussion as to just how nasty it is. Along with some....other....discussion.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1939332&highlight=maple+syrup

Enjoy.:D

Oh you found the syrup thread! I couldn't find it and thought it had been pulled..................silly me and clever you!:)

I prefer pure maple syrup and I picked up a cute plastic bottle of syrup while in Canada that I use for cruises. And it's coming with me on the Gem tomorrow!

I had an unopened glass bottle of it a year or two ago in my suitcase and it got me sent to the naughty room! LOL

AWWW, was it fun? :p I wonder if I leave ours in our suitcase if we'll get sent to the NAUGHTY ROOM. :eek: It's in the shape of Maple Leaf though... so maybe not... we'll see. :)

Have a fabulous cruise. :D

Yes, syrup is still nasty, that's why you need to consume large amounts of assorted pastries to help wash it down.

My son did complain about the "maple syrup" on his pancakes. He refused to eat them and we usually use at home either real maple syrup or even Aunt Jemima. So instead he put chocolate syrup on it (living it up on the cruise!). I liked the fruit compote options at the buffet so I would top my french toast with that instead. Next time I know to smuggle a bottle of real maple syrup on board!

I just returned from the Jewel today with a group of 37. One of the discussions on the way home was about how bad the syrup tasted. This was a group of 20 and 30 somethings who were our guest and don't read CC so I know they could not have seen the previous threads. I guess it really is bad.

We've picked up 4 bottles of REAL CANADIAN MAPLE SYRUP already for our cruise, LOL. Does anyone need a bottle? I could send you some.

Not sure how far our maple syrup will go if we have 1-2 thousand passengers lining up at our table for a shot of it for their brekky though. I hear Vermont has pretty good Maple Syrup too. :eek:

Do suite passengers who have breakfast at Cagney's get lousy syrup too?

I've read recently that the syrup is the same for the suites (Cagney's/Haven) as in the MDR's and Buffets ...it's why we're taking our own. Seriously... crazy I know...

I am not picky about my syrup (yes I do use store brands sometimes)...but the syrup was HORRIBLE. I could not eat the pancakes or waffles if I put the syrup on it. There was sugar-free on board the Epic that looked to be Smuckers brand. I opted for the fruit on top of the waffles - or just chose other things for breakfast. I have never had such bad syrup!