EZ check FLL

SULLJO

An FYI, just because they offer it , they don't always do it. Last Xmas we were on a 4 nite Ruby from/to FLL . We signed up for EZcheck, but on the jast night we didn't get the luggage and boarding passes delivered to our cabin. I went down to passenger services to ask about it, and found out that if enough passengers don't sign up for EZcheck they can choose not to make it available. They didn't have enough sign-ups.

We've always been able to use it on 7 nite trips, but on short cruises there are often lots of Florida people who don't fly home or people without very much luggage.

Hi! We just booked our return flight on Southwest Airlines for our New Year's cruise out of FLL. It departs at 11:30 am and I see that the EZ Air form states that folks who have flights after 11:30 am may utilize this service. Does anyone know whether we'd qualify? I'm guessing/hoping that we should be allowed to use it since our flight is at 11:30 am on the button, but I'm not sure how literal they are about the "after 11:30 am" bit.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! We just booked our return flight on Southwest Airlines for our New Year's cruise out of FLL. It departs at 11:30 am and I see that the EZ Air form states that folks who have flights after 11:30 am may utilize this service. I'm guessing/hoping that we should be allowed to use it since our flight is at 11:30 am on the button, but I'm not sure how literal they are about the "after 11:30 am" bit.

It may be difficult to get an accurate answer before your cruise, but try calling Princess and Southwest Airlines and ask.

Hi! We just booked our return flight on Southwest Airlines for our New Year's cruise out of FLL. It departs at 11:30 am and I see that the EZ Air form states that folks who have flights after 11:30 am may utilize this service. Does anyone know whether we'd qualify? I'm guessing/hoping that we should be allowed to use it since our flight is at 11:30 am on the button, but I'm not sure how literal they are about the "after 11:30 am" bit.
Get your form in as fast as you can to the PSD. You should be fine. I've had flights with a 15-minute difference and been accepted.

Unfortunately, no matter what Princess (or I) tell you now, you won't know until less than 24 hours before disembarkation whether you've been accepted. Princess can't check you in until 24 hours before your flight and they're doing dozens/hundreds so it takes them hours to complete and notify.

We may use EZ Check on our upcoming TA. My question is regarding the baggage fees listed on the form. If I am at a status level with an airline that gives me free checked bags, how does Princess know not to charge me, or do they do it anyways?

We may use EZ Check on our upcoming TA. My question is regarding the baggage fees listed on the form. If I am at a status level with an airline that gives me free checked bags, how does Princess know not to charge me, or do they do it anyways?

The actual sign-up form has a place to indicate you qualify for free bags.

Get your form in as fast as you can to the PSD. You should be fine. I've had flights with a 15-minute difference and been accepted.

Unfortunately, no matter what Princess (or I) tell you now, you won't know until less than 24 hours before disembarkation whether you've been accepted. Princess can't check you in until 24 hours before your flight and they're doing dozens/hundreds so it takes them hours to complete and notify.

Thank you, Pam! We'll be sure to return our form right away, and cross our fingers that things work out. EZ Check makes the last morning a bit more tolerable. :)

Good to know EZ Check is available for Jet Blue. We used it for the first time with SW in March (don't know why we never used it before) and it was so easy and convenient. Will definitely use is on our upcoming cruise on the CB in just 3 more days!!!! :D

Susan

It may be difficult to get an accurate answer before your cruise, but try calling Princess and Southwest Airlines and ask.

Last summer we used EZ check with Carnival and Jet Blue out of Fort Lauderdale. Before the cruise when I called Carnival to see if we could use it, they said call Jet Blue. When I called Jet Blue, they said call Carnival. We did not really know we could use it until we got the form to use it on the ship.

Even on the ship, we got misinformation. After the disembarkation talk by the cruise director, I asked him if we would receive out boarding passes while on the ship. He said NO. After it turned out we did get them, I sought him out to give him the proper information so that on future cruises when asked that question, he would give the right answer.

If we are sharing one checked bag it would still be $20 per person service fee?

Only if you want the boarding passes for both of you while on the ship.

Otherwise, only one of you needs to sign up and pay the $20.

Edited by caribill

If we are sharing one checked bag it would still be $20 per person service fee?
You're paying for the service that Princess is providing to check you in for your flight, printing each person's boarding pass and luggage tag(s) and transporting the bag(s) to the airport and the airline. It has nothing to do with how many bags other than whether your airline charges a baggage fee. You could have four bags and it would still be $20/pp.

So yes, if two of you want to be checked in for your flight, you'd each pay $20.