Celebrity solstice drink prices

Hi,

We are cruising on solstice and would love to hear any feedback on the ship whether its positive or negative.

We you enjoy a drink would like to the drink prices onboard...espcially beer and wine.

thanks heaps

Col & Di :)

They don't have a great selection of wine by the glass (aside from when you go to Cellermasters where they have a wine-o-matic, which is more for expensive wine sampling). Regular wines throughout the ship start from about USD8.50/glass. Bottles start around USD33.

Beer as I recall is about USD6.

Hi,

We are cruising on solstice and would love to hear any feedback on the ship whether its positive or negative.

We you enjoy a drink would like to the drink prices onboard...espcially beer and wine.

thanks heaps

The Fox, welcome to CC !!!

We were on Celebrity Solstice last year to NZ. Drink prices were much the same as any other ship, beers $6, cocktails varying $10 to $15. Glasses of wine, $8 up. Bottles of wine $30 up. Spirits around $7. Celebrity do have a wine deal, have a look at their website. You might also go over to the Celebrity section here on CC, I am sure the Americans can come up with a current bar list for you.

We normally work on a booze allowance of around $50 per day, gets us a couple of pre dinner drinks and a bottle of vino for dinner. If you don't finish your bottle of wine at dinner your waiters will secure it for you and produce it the next evening. Some advice, if I may, we normally go for the Chilean wines on board the ships, drinkable and prices a little more reasonable than others, a big mark up on cruise ship wines. On Golden Princess around South America this year for instance we were getting Chilean wines for $22 a bottle.

Above all enjoy !!!

Edited by NSWP

Love the Solstice, I am sure you will too.:)

As others have stated the drinks are reasonably priced for a venue (not home).

NSWP has indicated $50 per person per day which will get you the Classic Alcohol Beverage package and should satisfy most people's drinking needs/ tastes as it includes bottled water, premium coffees, juices, milkshakes, mocktails, selected cocktails, wines and beers (to a price limit for each). If you do not have a package as yet and feel it may not be worth it, I suggest you try out just buying for a day or two and compare your account to each beverage package and go from there.:D

The basic drinks package is worth getting on Celebrity but don't go for the Premium drinks package. All the malt whiskies and other top shelf drinks sound great but when you get on board you'll find that most of the bars don't have any of the top shelf stuff so you've paid the extra for nothing.

The basic drinks package is worth getting on Celebrity but don't go for the Premium drinks package. All the malt whiskies and other top shelf drinks sound great but when you get on board you'll find that most of the bars don't have any of the top shelf stuff so you've paid the extra for nothing.

We'll be paying the extra for the premium so we can enjoy the cocktails in Molecular Bar, as all of these are over the limit on the classic package. One cocktail per day in Molecular or Martini Bar pays for the upgrade....

Hi,

thanks heaps

We were on the Solstice last March although we did have the drinks package the beer prices started at $5.50 and wine started at $7.00 per glass

We don't have any negative feedback perhaps the entertainment maybe, but you will love the Solstice

We'll be paying the extra for the premium so we can enjoy the cocktails in Molecular Bar, as all of these are over the limit on the classic package. One cocktail per day in Molecular or Martini Bar pays for the upgrade....

That is true.:D

Go Premium and its hassle free. Unlimited drinks & You don't have to worry about prices, budgets, surprise bills at the end of the cruise etc unless of course you want expensive wines when dining. Pre-purchase before you cruise and I believe its a few dollars less per day than on board or better still get the classic package included in your booking with the 123go promotions and then upgrade onboard for USD11 per day per person.

Love the Solstice and can't wait until our next journey in 2016 Sydney to Honolulu

Love the Solstice, I am sure you will too.:)

As others have stated the drinks are reasonably priced for a venue (not home).

NSWP has indicated $50 per person per day which will get you the Classic Alcohol Beverage package and should satisfy most people's drinking needs/ tastes as it includes bottled water, premium coffees, juices, milkshakes, mocktails, selected cocktails, wines and beers (to a price limit for each). If you do not have a package as yet and feel it may not be worth it, I suggest you try out just buying for a day or two and compare your account to each beverage package and go from there.:D

Ahem, young Mic, Uncle Les is talking about $50 a couple, not per person !!! We don't imbibe outside the cabin until pre dinner, sly grogging in the cabin prior of course or a sneaky glass of vino from one's own supply on ye olde Promenade deck. Just call me a tight A.. But when one does the longer cruises, one has to control one's urge or one's booze bill will be out of control.

Edited by NSWP

Ahem, young Mic, Uncle Les is talking about $50 a couple, not per person !!! We don't imbibe outside the cabin until pre dinner, sly grogging in the cabin prior of course or a sneaky glass of vino from one's own supply on ye olde Promenade deck. Just call me a tight A.. But when one does the longer cruises, one has to control one's urge or one's booze bill will be out of control.

Sorry Les, my mistake. However, the principle still applies, see how the first sea day goes with the account and see if it is worth getting one of the beverage packages.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Sorry Les, my mistake. However, the principle still applies, see how the first sea day goes with the account and see if it is worth getting one of the beverage packages.:D

No worries, Mic, yes sound advice, see how you go in the first couple of days with thy alcohol consumption.

As long as it is still a few days til the end of the cruise, you can still purchase any package on a pro-rata (daily rate).:D

Does one measure one's alcohol consumption at sea like this...Litres (of vino/beer/spirits) to the Nautical Mile? LOL.

I find the alcohol consumption on a cruise is 2-3 times what I could ever consume at home.:)

Must be the sea air.:D

Or the free drinks:)

We definitely drink heaps more when on vacation, and cruising makes drinking more even easier as there is no driving or work the next day to worry about.:D

We definitely drink heaps more when on vacation, and cruising makes drinking more even easier as there is no driving or work the next day to worry about.:D

I drink much less when on the ships or land travel adventures, cheaper at home, thanks to Dan Murphy.

I find the alcohol consumption on a cruise is 2-3 times what I could ever consume at home.:)

Must be the sea air.:D

Or the free drinks:)

Free drinks? You mean the watered down ones at the Captain's Cocktail party? We don't bother going to them anymore. Nice to be in a quiet ships bar on cocktail party night whilst the mob are lining up to claim their 'free watered down cocktail.'

Last Princess cruise on the Golden around South America at the Captains Circle party, I requested a double scotch, Chivas of course ! and a mohito for the 'boss. I got them eventually. I was not ashamed, I have contributed plenty to the Carnival Corp coffers, well at least $150,000 over the past 12 years. Ye Gods.

Edited by NSWP

Free drinks? You mean the watered down ones at the Captain's Cocktail party? We don't bother going to them anymore. Nice to be in a quiet ships bar on cocktail party night whilst the mob are lining up to claim their 'free watered down cocktail.'

Last Princess cruise on the Golden around South America at the Captains Circle party, I requested a double scotch, Chivas of course ! and a mohito for the 'boss. I got them eventually. I was not ashamed, I have contributed plenty to the Carnival Corp coffers, well at least $150,000 over the past 12 years. Ye Gods.

No I mean the free drinks in the Diamond and Concierge lounges on RCI ships, for Diamond+ members, every night.:)

I had to stop ordering rum punches, they were so strong, I couldn't drink them.:eek:

Edited by Aussie FF

Hi,

thanks heaps

These files may help

Wine list 2014.pdf

Classic Package Inclusions - Inclusions after Pricing Rollback_052814_FINAL.pdf

Premium Package Inclusions - Inclusions after Pricing Rollback_052814_FINAL.pdf

Celebrity Drink PKG Selector 2014.xls