Does SA get Express Checkin?

Gerko

Can anyone tell me if a Neptune Suite (SA) gets priority check in? I assumed Neptune and Pinnacle both got the express check in but there's nothing to say so in the benefits iist.

priority check in - yes, it should be on the list unless HAL took it off.

Separate line up for suites and 4 or 5* passengers and yes, after the HC passengers you will be the first ones on.

Mind you, priority is only as good as how many 4 and 5* are on board;)

Do Signature Suite categories, e.g., category SY and Vista Suites, e.g., category BB, also qualify for priority boarding?

no unfortunately (or fortunately depending upon how you look at it - sometimes the regular lineup can be faster).

Priority is for PS, S or on other ships SA, SB, SC and 4 and 5* mariners and President's club of course.

I'm pretty sure Signiture Suites don't get this benefit. It's one of the reasons we wanted to get up to Neptune.

Thanks for the info folks. Last year took 90mins to board so anything that speeds that up is a bonus.

Do Signature Suite categories, e.g., category SY and Vista Suites, e.g., category BB, also qualify for priority boarding?

I am sorry, I would not know but someone else will be able to answer this. :)

They just did, lol.

Edited by Cashew14
question was answered

I'm pretty sure Signiture Suites don't get this benefit. It's one of the reasons we wanted to get up to Neptune.

Thanks for the info folks. Last year took 90mins to board so anything that speeds that up is a bonus.

90 minutes before they got to non priority groups, e.g., tag 1 group?

I also found even if you have priority check in, sometimes the other check in counters are emptier :eek:

On our next cruise we will be coming later than normal as I heard many times how quick check in is then.

priority check in - yes, it should be on the list unless HAL took it off.

Separate line up for suites and 4 or 5* passengers and yes, after the HC passengers you will be the first ones on.

Mind you, priority is only as good as how many 4 and 5* are on board;)

I also found even if you have priority check in, sometimes the other check in counters are emptier :eek:

On our next cruise we will be coming later than normal as I heard many times how quick check in is then.

Exactly.

The priority only depends upon how many are eligible on any given cruise.

All Neptune and Pinnacle Suite guests, which are a fair number on Vista and Signature Class ships, and then add the four and five star Mariners and it can be a lot of people. No way to know in advance not only how many but how many will be in line when you are. You might come earlier or later than some/many.

On our first HAL cruise we were in a suite. We were in line - near the beginning as we always arrive early. The HAL rep saw our docs in hand and pulled us out of the line and sent us to the priority check-in. Nice way to begin the boarding process. :)

Exactly.

The priority only depends upon how many are eligible on any given cruise.

All Neptune and Pinnacle Suite guests, which are a fair number on Vista and Signature Class ships, and then add the four and five star Mariners and it can be a lot of people. No way to know in advance not only how many but how many will be in line when you are. You might come earlier or later than some/many.

We came earlier and the hall was packed!!! :D

So next time we try the "later" theory :D

On our first HAL cruise we were in a suite. We were in line - near the beginning as we always arrive early. The HAL rep saw our docs in hand and pulled us out of the line and sent us to the priority check-in. Nice way to begin the boarding process. :)

Coming from the UK, we are obsessed with queuing and quite happy to wait for a long time in a queue. If anyone would pull me out of a queue in front of others, I think I would want to disappear into thin air. :o

We were in a Signature suite on the Prinsendam in Sept and when we got to the embarkation port were pulled to go straight to the desk for check in and were then allowed to be one of the first on the ship. We were not expecting this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm pretty sure here in Sydney they don't have Priority desks. They just put you through a special line that bypasses the long queue and ends up at the check in area next to the fronnt of the regular line and you just get sent to any desk that becomes available. Or so this has happened when I've sailed other lines out of Sydney.

The Priority check-in line has been a mob scene the last cruises we have been on.

Fortunately I get to check-in in the handicapped line -- but even that was a mob scene.

To make matters worse we had a lady who had only been on the job for 3 days and had no clue what she was doing on our recent Noordam cruise.

She allowed a wheelchair, 1 scooter and then 2 rows of people to get on the ship and then back to another wheel chair, etc.

Within a couple of minutes once people knew she knew nothing it became a mob scene of people pushing to get on the ship.

To put it mildly, it was a mess. Everyone, regardless of cabin category or Mariner status, was directed to the waiting area and given a group number. We were waiting with everyone else and for our number to be called. Then, we saw a HAL rep enter from the check-in area who asked the Rep in-charge of the waiting area if she had called for passengers who had Neptune Suites and 4 & 5 Star Mariners. The waiting area Rep looked to be clueless, and said "No". Only then was a call made for those passengers. I guess it depends on the experience and/or training of the HAL reps in the terminal. Even then, it was a long wait in line once we got to the check-in area. That was one of the few times that we arrived at the terminal before 1:30 or 2 pm. It is usually a breeze checking in later rather than earlier. Oh well, we just rolled with it, as at least we were going on a HAL cruise! :)

I'm pretty sure here in Sydney they don't have Priority desks. They just put you through a special line that bypasses the long queue and ends up at the check in area next to the fronnt of the regular line and you just get sent to any desk that becomes available. Or so this has happened when I've sailed other lines out of Sydney.

If you are sailing from White Bay, our experience in October to check in for the Volendam, was that after handing over our luggage,

1)at an outdoor table completed the Health form and a form to permit HAL to charge our account for Indonesian Visas,

2)into the terminal where we filled in the Australian Departure card,

3)into the line for Suite/4 star passengers (this was at the left of the other line)

A HAL rep then directed us to the first available check-in desk.