Thank you Canada

• 3 weeks later...

Your very welcome:) .I work at a Local McDonalds we are now on line to get even more donations coming from our customers.The students of Edmonton school raised over 3000 stuffed bears to go to the children who are lost and displaced fro the flood waters.

It will be an ongoing process to help all the people heal from this catastrophe.Only time will heal the sorrow and mental wounds that everyone is going through.

Gods speed!!

MB Girl

I love the Canadians. We try to vacation there every year and see different parts of the country. But I also can't get over how they manage to get over abuse from south of the border.

The summer after 9/11 we visited Halifax and attended the Nova Scotia International Tattoo...a huge indoor show featuring military bands from around the world along with a large contingent of singers and dancers. The first act finale was a salute to the USA. Images of 9/11 on a giant screen proved the background as more than a thousand performers played and sang American music ending with a rousing version of "America The Beautiful". The production ended with a group of girls walking onto the floor with a giant American Flag that became a Canadian flag and ended up being a combined flag. Everyone was on their feet and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. The US governement refused to send any participants,claiming it was too difficult to free up a military band on July fourth week. There was also mention,during the finale,of the Canadians who had died in Afghanastan supporting the US efforts (no mention they had died as a result of US friendly fire).

The following year,Canada (wisely) refused to be sucked into Iraq and became cowards and shirkers in the view of the Washington right wing. Now,we have another disaster,and they are,again,supporting us. I don't think the bushies would be that forgiving.

Boy can I relate to this one on many counts.I am a gulf war vet,I can tell you back then we were in way over our heads.To go back now,well you may just have well painted a target on our troops head and paint a sign that says drop bomb here:rolleyes: .We are so under manned and out dated as far as our weapons go that I can't understand why they would put our troops on the ground in a place like Kandahar.

9-11 was a tragedy unlike this world has everseen before,we did what we could and I can only say that you would do the same for us.That is what good neighbors are for.

If we continue to live our lives in fear that something else like this will happend again then the terrorists that struck your country have won.I will not give them that kind of power and control.I love coming to the United States and will continue to do so.I feel safe and secure when I'm there.

We will conintue to help you whenever you need us and you would do the same for us.

Thank you for the recognition with reguard on the "coward" thing too but ya know what we get that from our own peoples too.From one province to another,so much for unity.

Our love and respect

MB Girl

• 1 month later...

Thank you, hvsteve1....for your kind words and understanding.

Can you believe that while on a cruise in Sept. 2003...a fellow at our table actually started berating me for the Canadian Gov't's decision to not go into Iraq. Needless to say, I left the table.

I'm so happy that you appreciate our efforts to help and support anyone who needs help. That shows that you are a kind, generous, non-judgemental person....just wish the world, regardless of country, had more people like you!

Peace to everyone!

• 2 months later...
is still a great need for animal help after Katrina. very few animals have been reunited with their owners and many are starving and still running wild.

We have just adopted a beagle/terrier mix from New Orleans. She came up here over the New Year holiday and was quite sick. She is fine now and loves the Great White North.

God bless you.We have fostered many special needs dog in the past several years from our local humane society and it really takes a special person to take on an animal with outstanding issues like the trauma they all suffered down there.You are did great thing and I hope the dog has a long happy life with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived