Cinque terre tours

b_cruise

Has anyone used a company to go here besides italytoursharing or RIL. A fellow on my roll call is looking for a company to book but italytoursharing and RIL are not available on that date. There must be a ton of ships in port as a lot of people on my roll call are finding tours full.

Anyhow... Anyone have a good Company they recommend from Livorno to cinque terre?

Play it safe you are playing with fire here take ships shore excursion from Livorno. Typically you are bussed to Portoveneret hen ferry along the CT to alight at Vernazza for sightseeing and lunch, then to another village and return to Livorno . You see a lot and no risk of missing your cruise boat . Livorno is good port for self exploring to Pisa or Firenze, but rather tight for the CT.

On the other hand La Spezia is good for self explore to CT or Pisa, not so good for Firenze .

Kuldalai.. Thank you for your response. Last year I did take the Cinque terre tour from italytoursharing.com (from Livorno) and it was great but this year they are FULL so the fellow on our roll call who would like to start a tour share is stumped. I do agree it is a drive but well worth it. I think as long as you use reputable companies, there is no trouble getting back to the ship on time. I actually have done this 2x with italytoursharing and been very happy.

Has anyone taken transportation there through a different company that I can recommend to him? Better yet, I will direct him to this board and he can post or watch for responses here.

Has anyone used a company to go here besides italytoursharing or RIL. A fellow on my roll call is looking for a company to book but italytoursharing and RIL are not available on that date. There must be a ton of ships in port as a lot of people on my roll call are finding tours full.

Anyhow... Anyone have a good Company they recommend from Livorno to cinque terre?

We're looking at a private tour company called Papillon Service for a tour from La Spezia to Cinque Terre. They have great reviews and promise to get us back to the ship on time or they make up for it. They offer two options to C. T. We would like to start a group of up to 8 people to make the tour more affordable. There are two of us. Let me know if you'd like more information on this. My email is: kbryanspokane@comcast.net

We're looking at a private tour company called Papillon Service for a tour from La Spezia to Cinque Terre. They have great reviews and promise to get us back to the ship on time or they make up for it. They offer two options to C. T. We would like to start a group of up to 8 people to make the tour more affordable. There are two of us. Let me know if you'd like more information on this. My email is: kbryanspokane@comcast.net

Hi Twilight,

Please post in your ship's Roll Call if you'd like to organize this excursion as you'll see that is the appropriate place for the post and you'll get the best response to your inquiry in that forum. While people seek tour company advice here, they don't look for groups to join here - they do look for groups to join on Roll Call! You should have success filling your excursion group there. Thank you & Buona Fortuna, Buon Viaggio! ;)

Edited by Host Bonjour

We used Joe Banana Limo (joebananalimos.net) for our tour to Cinque Terre and were very impressed with their service.

We used Joe Banana Limo (joebananalimos.net) for our tour to Cinque Terre and were very impressed with their service.

Yes, they are great!

Thanks for everyone's replies.. She was able to get something!

• 3 months later...

We're looking at a private tour company called Papillon Service for a tour of Rome Sept. 16. They have great reviews and promise to get us back to the ship on time or they make up for it. We would like to start a group of up to 8 people to make the tour more affordable. There are two of us. Let me know if you'd like more information on this. My email is: kbryanspokane@comcast.net

We just returned from the June 3rd cruise on the Carnival Vista; we did the Cinque Terre tours with Papillon Tours. We have used them a few years ago for a tour of Pisa/Tuscany and they were awesome. They did not disappoint this time either. We had Matteo as our tour guide. Matteo was so personable and accomodating. He took us to some of the beautiful villages and to one that was not even part of Cinque Terre, Porto Venere which turned out to be our favorite village!! He was such a careful driver and if you have ever been on those narrow winding cliff hugging roads you will understand what I mean when I say that we felt perfectly comfortable in his care! It was a memorable day in a gorgeous area and we were able to tailor this tour to our own needs since some of us had slight physical limitations. Papillon worked around that and provided us with one of our best days of our cruise. I highly reccomend them for ease in booking and for pre-cruise service as well as the tour itself!!

• 10 months later...
Wow! That sounds wonderful! Papillon Tours sure got high marks when we looked at the reviews. We are taking this tour and one in Rome with them and look forward to them both. Thanks for posting this!

Hi, may I ask how your tours were with Papillon. we are thinking of using them for florence and rome.

thanks

C

Hi, may I ask how your tours were with Papillon. we are thinking of using them for florence and rome.

thanks

C

I have used Roberto and his company Papillon Tours twice. He and the company are local to Livorno and Tuscany. Our first tour with them was back in 2010 and we did the Pisa/Florence Tour with a visit to a vineyard and quick wine tasting. We enjoyed the tour, but there really isn't much in Pisa. When we went back a couple of years later, we just had Roberto drive us to Florence and get us skip the lines to see Michaelangelo's David at the Academia. I would recommend Roberto and Papillon and use them again.

We are actually going to Cinque Terre this year, but not from a port stop. We are spending a weekend there after our cruise ends in Civitavecchia. The only port close enough is really La Spezia and I don't think an afternoon or a couple of hours could do Cinque Terre justice. We are doing a sunset tapas boat tour on our first night and will enjoy the area at our own pace. It's the one spot in Italy that we have always wanted to visit but haven't gotten to.

We are actually going to Cinque Terre this year, but not from a port stop. We are spending a weekend there after our cruise ends in Civitavecchia. The only port close enough is really La Spezia and I don't think an afternoon or a couple of hours could do Cinque Terre justice. We are doing a sunset tapas boat tour on our first night and will enjoy the area at our own pace. It's the one spot in Italy that we have always wanted to visit but haven't gotten to.

We did the same as you in October, 2015. Spent a week in Cinque Terre during our 10 week trek around Italy. Wonderful - most of the tourist hoards had already departed for the season and the villages were absolutely charming. As a bonus, we enjoyed lovely weather. Hope you have a wonderful time!

We did the same as you in October, 2015. Spent a week in Cinque Terre during our 10 week trek around Italy. Wonderful - most of the tourist hoards had already departed for the season and the villages were absolutely charming. As a bonus, we enjoyed lovely weather. Hope you have a wonderful time!

We only have two and half days and we will be there in July. For that reason, we're expecting day tourists, but less people at night. We are there to relax after a cruise and enjoy the sights. We'll do some walking, but not overdo it. Looking forward to it.