On the Rhone with Scenic

merlot101

We were the first to go under the low bridge, and happy. Some of the ships that want to go from the Saone to the Rhone are having problems. Just a warning for others doing the same trip.

We have great internet. We have a lot of Australians, which is what I expected. The evening have been busy with dancing and a lot of partying. The alcohol is flowing freely.

It is great to have options for tours. They are all great. My husband and I did different tours which was no problem. We are having problems to decide which tour to attend. If we choose to change tours, there is no problem.

We have great internet. We have a lot of Australians, which is what I expected. The evening have been busy with dancing and a lot of partying. The alcohol is flowing freely.

We are in Bordeaux with Scenic and our itinerary has been impacted by the water levels.

We have had great company with the Aussies and Brits but after dinner the evenings have been quite boring. No dancing or partying as the onboard musician is very limited and there is apparently no recorded music he has access to. Tonight they are finally adding a dance party and we are looking forward to it!

On the Rhone with Scenic last year the cruises two weeks prior to ours had to do a ship swap but we were fine the clearance under said bridge is just about a whisker, we had to wait for I think an Avalon ship coming upstream so we had a close up view of what was happening very good crewing and interesting.

The Gironde estuary, Bordeaux may be experiencing tidal bores, or the rivers may be a bit high as we have had quite a bit of rain. Will be interesting to find out as we go in about 6weeks time. CA 🇬🇧